Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot after Update to 2022.20.7. Does it still work with the Cabin Camera covered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just upgraded my 2019 from 2022.24.5 to 2022.44.25.3 and I haven't noticed any issues with the cabin cover still covered. I only upgraded because I wanted the fan +/- controls back and the trip cards back at the bottom left. Tesla seems to have restored those two features but they also have changed two others. I am now required to have my auto high beams on when using autopilot and I can no longer use a following distance of 1. Not thrilled about the auto high beams.

I just upgraded my 2019 from 2022.24.5 to 2022.44.25.3 and I haven't noticed any issues with the cabin cover still covered. I only upgraded because I wanted the fan +/- controls back and the trip cards back at the bottom left. Tesla seems to have restored those two features but they also have changed two others. I am now required to have my auto high beams on when using autopilot and I can no longer use a following distance of 1. Not thrilled about the auto high beams.
I think that means your radar is now disabled.

I think that means your radar is now disabled.
It was disabled in 2022.20.9, so it was disabled even before the update. But maybe I'm wrong? Maybe some cars got through an update or 2 before it fully disabled. I've locked in on 2022.20.8 until some features come that I really care about or a major update that could conceivably void my warranty comes around.

So far nothing really nice has been added thats worth my losing that "1" following distance. This holiday update (IMHO) is meh. FWIW, I live in DC and have tried "2" in traffic, I get a WHOLE lot more people cutting in front of me than with "1".

I also drive around DC. I did an experiment a while ago that changed my perspective on following distance. I decided that I would leave several car lengths in front of me until I was delayed 10 cars. This doesn't count the cars that cut in and cut out less than a minute later. 10 cars means I get home ~30 seconds later.

Much to my surprise, I've never been delayed by 10 cars. Not on the beltway, not on I-95, not on I-66. I was shocked at how much stress I felt being cut off and pushed back in traffic - just to find out that the difference between diligently keeping close and being a mellow polite driver is less than 30 seconds!

Yeah they seemed to have switched me over to the "tesla vision" with this update, although I do not see anything in the release notes. I'll have to see how the actual following distance has changed once I get on the highway. IMO Tesla has slowly changed the "1" setting anyways. Back in 2018 and 2019 when using the "1" setting it was great in traffic. The past couple years it seemed the "1" setting followed nowhere near as close as it used to. I'm sure 1 is still better than 2 though.

I also drive around DC. I did an experiment a while ago that changed my perspective on following distance. I decided that I would leave several car lengths in front of me until I was delayed 10 cars. This doesn't count the cars that cut in and cut out less than a minute later. 10 cars means I get home ~30 seconds later.

Much to my surprise, I've never been delayed by 10 cars. Not on the beltway, not on I-95, not on I-66. I was shocked at how much stress I felt being cut off and pushed back in traffic - just to find out that the difference between diligently keeping close and being a mellow polite driver is less than 30 seconds!
My problem is the cascade effect. Its enough room for someone to cut in easily. They cut in, my car builds a bigger gap, the person behind me changes lanes and gets in front of me (rinse, wash, repeat).