Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Choices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm holding off on Autopilot. My biggest concern is the lack of the instrument cluster infront of the driver. The autopilot in the Model S/X provides a lot of info regarding the current surroundings in the instrument cluster, and I don't see how this will be as smooth with the single center screen on the Model 3. I'll wait until much improved autopilot/FSD is available down the road and then maybe pay to add it at that point. Worst case I'll trade in my Model 3 in a couple of years for a fully loaded dual motor car anyway.
As an owner of an AP1 and also AP2 S - I will respectfully tell you that your concerns are off base and not valid. I know that's hard to understand since you don't drive these things regularly - but the display in front of you is just not needed. If anything is going wrong with autopilot you see it out the windshield long before your display shows anything. The autopilot for its current mission is almost as smooth as smooth can get - and smoother than most humans. Stop reading forum posts and watching Youtube and go drive one for a few days when you can.

I imagine Tesla will probably do some kind of '30 day trial' for Model 3 owners to tempt them to buy.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and melindav