Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Autopilot Features Limited - please contact Tesla service if this persists"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 here without EAP. Got Autopilot features limited a few times during a long drive. It came and went a few times. It was snowing and raining like crazy though, so I just attributed it to the cameras being covered in crap from the road.

I have had this happen twice in last 2 months. Went away on its own. Driving in cold I get warning, after parked in warmer garage, warning goes away.
I think it has to do with climate, too cold, or salt and winter grime on cameras.
Most of us complaining about this issue are from cold climates, just a guess.

• Informative
Reactions: thinklabinc
So, as I've mentioned, my S75D is a little over a week old; I have had a lot of questions in this forum, most of them resolved (or reassured) pretty quickly..

The other day I got a brief message of "Vehicle Surround View Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." It did, so I did contact them.

They pulled the logs and said they'd have Mobile Service reach out to me within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) - unfortunately that was early Friday so because of the weekends and holidays I probably won't hear anything until mid to late next week even to schedule the appointment.

That original message went away for about a day; now a new one has come back:

The "problem" has progressed to "Autopilot Features Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." I've updated my ticket via email on this; I've also noticed that the car won't see any vehicles to the left (driver's) side.

So I presume one or both of the left side cameras are out. I've tried rebooting, and shutting down and waiting. Seems to be pretty much solidly persistent this time.

I am hoping that this is something that mobile service can fix; but while I've seen people having the "Vehicle Surround View Limited" problem, I can't find any reference to "Autopilot Features Limited" out there on the internet.

Anyone have any experience with this second error? Hopefully I'm not in store for much trouble... and hopefully they won't say "known issue, wait for a software update" :p
I get this when the cameras are dirty.... which is most of the time here in the winter. A car wash fixes it.

I get this when the cameras are dirty.... which is most of the time here in the winter. A car wash fixes it.

I saw my first instance of "Autopilot Features Limited ..." about 48 hours after a car wash (the car's first wash). So that makes me suspicious of water damage to a side camera. That was Monday evening (this is Tuesday).

On the other hand, it took 48 hours for it to appear, and a Power Off reset cleared the issue.

It reappeared about 12 hours later, and again a Power Off cleared the warning. That was a few hours ago, and it hasn't resurfaced.

Right now, I don't know what to think. I lean towards software bug, but it's impossible to rule out hardware completely.

I just got my third instance tonight as I pulled into my garage. The car performed fine for my wife all day, no Autopilot limitations. I don't have any clue what might have caused this latest instance.

We saw the message yesterday morning after she dropped me off at work. We spent about 30 minutes outside my work trying to get the side view mirrors to adjust (they were not responding). Meanwhile the car was facing directly into the rising sun. In the process, we did a power off reset.

It's not hard to imagine that the Autopilot system declared the front-facing camera "out of service" at that time.

This happened to me yesterday on my way back to Toronto from London, Ontario. Autosteer continued to work fine, but no navigate on autopilot and no auto lane change. The strangest thing, was that EAP would be working fine, and then all of a sudden I would get the 3 "bings" and the single Nav on AP blue line would split into 2 lanes and the error message would come up. Over the course of the drive, the message would appear, go away, reappear, etc,
I am pretty sure that even during the times when the error message was up, I would "see" the cars on the left and right in the display. Re-set did not fix it, and stopping to SC also did not fix it.
I have been on hold with Tesla to report this for....(as of now) 54 minutes.