Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so jealous of everyone that has received the update :( I have a service appointment on Friday for a charging issue I've been experiencing . With my luck, I'm one of the people that needs to have the camera adjusted, but won't get the update in time and have to schedule ANOTHER appointment :(

After another couple of commutes using the autosteer, I've decided it ain't ready for prime time. If I wanted to spend my car time terrified, I'd be a driving instructor.

Besides not handling merges very well at all (it'll brake hard if you let it go to the last second, but that, you know, sucks), it lost its brain a couple of times, wildly oscillating between the lane markings until I had to grab the wheel. Lanes were clearly marked, with cars in front and both sides. Both times, the road was curving (very slightly, this is a freeway) and traffic was moving about 35-45mph.

Not worth the aggravation yet - I'll stick to TACC, which is actually quite nice in stop and go traffic.

Agreed - 100%

Reactions: Gentilly7
I'm so jealous of everyone that has received the update :( I have a service appointment on Friday for a charging issue I've been experiencing . With my luck, I'm one of the people that needs to have the camera adjusted, but won't get the update in time and have to schedule ANOTHER appointment :(

I wouldnt worry too much as its not that great. The lines on the road a sketchy as hell and look like a Very early version that it is, TACC works and if you use it alot, ok, thats good. But, all in all AP1 is still quite a bit ahead so worry not sir, theres a ways to go still ;)

Reactions: Sather
Did you try connecting the car to wifi? People are saying Tesla pushes wifi updates first to save on LTE bandwidth.

No, Last time I had it on WiFi they told me my car was having issues downloading and when I turned WiFi off I got the update that night. Who knows what the real issues are. Have no idea why they dont just put a check firmware button in menu and if its not current it gives you instant option to download.

I'm guessing, based on EV-FW data and this tweet, that 17.3.2 may not be going out anymore and another one is forthcoming this weekend.

Screenshot 2017-01-25 18.02.15.png

At slow speed in stop and go traffic this morning I felt like my car was going to ram the Kia Soul that had just merged into my lane, if I hadn't applied the brakes. Be careful out there, guys.
This happened to me too. AP2 does not detect cars in adjacent lanes therefore cars merging into your lane can be a close call. I also had an instance of a large truck next to me and AP2 was way too close considering such a large vehicle was next too me.

Not true , you are doing something wrong.
You are correct, and I was.

TACC does in fact work all the way down to 0 and back up again. I am not sure WHAT I was doing when it didn't, but careful testing showed it will follow a lead car to 0 then back up to traffic speed--then I went back to the release notes, and could not find anything about a 5 mph limitation, so I don't know where I got that one.

Interestingly, it seems that when TACC is OFF, the car loses the ability to see the cars ahead at around 5 mph, which DOESN'T happen when TACC (or AutoSteer) is engaged.

I also had the interesting experience of coming up on an intersection with TACC on, and having it "see" the cross traffic for a moment. The little car icons crossed the dashboard perpendicular to the lane markers (I couldn't tell which way they were oriented, as I was watching to see if/when I needed to stop...)

Reactions: MP3Mike and DJ 240V
I was stuck on 2.52.20 and never got the 17.3.2 update. I did a reset last night so maybe that helped. I think this is the 17.3.15 update. We'll know soon.

FWIW, I still never receive notifications on any of my Android devices when there's an update available. Every update so far has been a surprise when I get in the car.