TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot in action - 4k

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tuan, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Tuan

Tuan Member

#1 Tuan, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. Scoper

Scoper Member

Ah good thing you've actually got your car on a paved road! I'm impressed that the Autopilot was able to keep going even though there isn't a fog line (the white line usually on the right side of the road before the shoulder - dirt in your case). I figured it would have just insisted that you take control. Drive (Autopilot) safe!

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I think you should clarify the title, it's not a dirt road at all, it's just an unmarked shoulder...the shoulder happens to be dirt, but it could be paved, grass or a cliff-like dropoff and the behavior would be the same due to the lack of outside lane markings.

4. jlucero

jlucero Member

i have noticed this as well that when there is only a center lane marking, AP gets confused and sometimes wont even activate.

another thing this morning---i was in the left lane on a large freeway when the shoulder suddenly and was a 3 ft concrete wall due to construction. the road was also curving slightly to the right at this moment. AP got slightly confused and did not follow the curve as well due to no lane markings. got to be careful!