Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Lane Change to the Left - Not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 19.28.2. Since 19.24 my car(EAP/FSD) will not change lanes to the left. NOA recommends/wants to change, blinker comes on, nothing. On Autopilot, try to command lane change to left by depressing left turn signal, graphics indicate the left lane change, partially goes over then aborts.

Changes to the right work perfectly.

Anyone else seeing this problem? I'm wondering if it is a software issue or if I need to get my car to a service center...

On 19.28.2. Since 19.24 my car(EAP/FSD) will not change lanes to the left. NOA recommends/wants to change, blinker comes on, nothing. On Autopilot, try to command lane change to left by depressing left turn signal, graphics indicate the left lane change, partially goes over then aborts.

Changes to the right work perfectly.

Anyone else seeing this problem? I'm wondering if it is a software issue or if I need to get my car to a service center...
I'm on 19.28.2 AP2 EAP FSD have no such issue with NOA.

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom
I had a similar problem since 2019.20.4.2. It happens when I make a right turn onto a local road with 2 lanes in each direction. AP sees only 1 lane and no longer recognizes the left lane until I change lanes manually on that road. It works after that. Please check if your car sees multiple lanes before and after a lane change.

My car sees multiple lanes and actually turns the left lane line to a dashed line (AP mode) or shows the car path moving to left lane (NOA mode) -- it just doesn't change lanes.
I had a similar issue for a few weeks. Could successfully change from left to right but not right to left. I cannot recall which version of the software I was on when it first emerged. Eventually booked a service centre visit. In my case the problem was nothing to do with a software release but a defective sensor which they replaced. Problem solved and comfortably changes lane in both directions now.