TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot Upgrade for 2014/2015 cars

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by electrish, Jan 14, 2016.

1. electrish

electrish I Sing the Body Electric

Is this new?
    I checked the online Tesla store today to check whether the Ludicrous upgrade was still offered and found this:

Screen Shot.png

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

If you didn't pay for AP when you bought the car ($2,500) you can pay $3,000 now and have AP. The hardware is all there, they just activate the software.

3. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Yes but this is still for cars that have the hardware, this is not a hardware retrofit for older cars. This is for those who elected to not buy AP when they bought their cars, or for people who had ordered before AP was known about but their cars came with the hardware.

Jeff

4. electrish

electrish I Sing the Body Electric

Never, mind; says it right there:
    Vehicles built without Autopilot hardware not eligible.

So were people who had the hardware installed, but missed the announcement eligible to upgrade before?

5. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

Yes, it has always been an option to upgrade on any car that had the hardware installed (cars built after September or October of 2014)