TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AU1985, Apr 4, 2016.

1. AU1985

AU1985 Member

Hey....new to the board and new to Tesla...decided to take the plunge 2 days ago and reserve a model 3 and I must say that I have become obsessed with all things Tesla...my question to the board is regarding autopilot...I see where autopilot is standard on the base model but not the autopilot convenience features..when looking at Tesla's website it says it's 3k for convenience features for the S/X...I really won't be interested in that feature when I first purchase the car...however it might pique might interest years down the line

Will the autopilot convenience features be something I can add on at a later time?

2. eloder

eloder Member

Most certainly--the autopilot hardware standard is mentioned for the Model 3, like the S and X. On the S and X you can purchase it after the fact without any difficulty as they just enable the rest of the software for use.

• Like x 1
  3. AU1985

AU1985 Member

Great! Thanks for the reply

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

But note that it costs an extra $500 to enable it after you purchase your car. (At least on the Model S/X.)