Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoSteer behavior change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove US Route 9W yesterday from near Kingston, NY to the Mid-Hudson bridge. This is a four-lane, guardrail-divided, non limited access road with occasional stop lights. Similar to the road in the Florida crash though there are few or no cross streets without stop lights.

Autosteer limited speed to 5 over the limit (so, 60MPH) the whole way even though the road is 4 lanes and divided. I repeatedly disengaged and reengaged to test, even changing lanes a few times. It looks to me like they may have changed behavior on this type of road (which, frankly, I think is called for -- this is road design is notorious with traffic engineers as obsolete and dangerous). My car has 2.28.19 -- not sure when it last updated, there have been a few in quick succession lately.

Unfortunately, my one main AP gripe (sudden acceleration to previous set speed on autosteer cancel) still seems to be there. If they are making this kind of minor AP tweak for further safety, hopefully they'll get to that one soon.