Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer Jail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1795.jpeg
I know if it disables 5 times, autosteer will no longer operate. And I read it takes a week to reset. But does it reset back to zero after a week in autosteer jail?

• Funny
Reactions: jlv1
I am 85 yrs old. My model 3 steers itself better than me. I have NEVER had an at fault charge, yet the computer in my model 3 is forcing me to drive my car manually. "It" says I am inattentive. BS. when the screen flashes blue, I adjust the steering wheel, There is no warning when the dreaded red steering wheel appears. It seems ludicrous to me to make me responsible for steering the car when the AI does a better job. I Still drive the car manually but it seems this a stupid idea that Tesla has initiated.

I am 85 yrs old. My model 3 steers itself better than me. I have NEVER had an at fault charge, yet the computer in my model 3 is forcing me to drive my car manually. "It" says I am inattentive. BS. when the screen flashes blue, I adjust the steering wheel, There is no warning when the dreaded red steering wheel appears. It seems ludicrous to me to make me responsible for steering the car when the AI does a better job. I Still drive the car manually but it seems this a stupid idea that Tesla has initiated.
I’ve gotta say, using Autosteer in its current form/capability to keep aging drivers on the road when it sounds like they definitely shouldn’t be is exactly why the system keeps getting clamped down by regulators.

• Funny
Reactions: drhombus
I’ve gotta say, using Autosteer in its current form/capability to keep aging drivers on the road when it sounds like they definitely shouldn’t be is exactly why the system keeps getting clamped down by regulators.
FU brother! I'm 63, can drive perfectly well but I expect assistance from this darned tesla just like you. What is the dang thing good for anyway? My Hyundai has lane assistance that is a little less capable but doesn't crap out on me when I need it most! No more Teslas for me man. they can go F themselves.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
FU brother! I'm 63, can drive perfectly well but I expect assistance from this darned tesla just like you. What is the dang thing good for anyway? My Hyundai has lane assistance that is a little less capable but doesn't crap out on me when I need it most! No more Teslas for me man. they can go F themselves.
Thanks for joining. You’re gonna get on swell here. 😂

Reactions: danielk04