Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer only in Freeway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today morning, I finally got the update for EAP!!! Thank you, TESLA.

Now, the autosteer seems to only work in freeway.

Normally, I hate traffic but today ironically I was wishing I have traffic because of limitation of 45 mph. LOL!

I was a little disappointed that in the city the autosteer does not seem to work. Keep making beeping sound with orange color that the road is not recognized (I forgot the actual phrase as I am in my office now, not in my car.)

So is there anyone whose car has autosteer in the city?

Today morning, I finally got the update for EAP!!! Thank you, TESLA.

Now, the autosteer seems to only work in freeway.

Normally, I hate traffic but today ironically I was wishing I have traffic because of limitation of 45 mph. LOL!

I was a little disappointed that in the city the autosteer does not seem to work. Keep making beeping sound with orange color that the road is not recognized (I forgot the actual phrase as I am in my office now, not in my car.)

So is there anyone whose car has autosteer in the city?

Yep, for HW2 autosteer only works on divided, restricted freeways at speeds <= 45mph. You pretty much have to be stuck in traffic in order to use it(and, per Elon Musk, that's intentional).

I keep getting "Autosteer disabled on this road". Haven't seen it work yet.

I'll try a highway and go under 45. Just hope I don't forget to put in earplugs. I hate the sound of cars honking at me.

Ha, that's the exact phrase, "Autosteer disabled on this road." I tried the freeway 45 mph and I could feel the road rage behind me even though I was in the rightmost lane. So I hoped in the city this would work, but alas it wasn't.

Hopefully next week.

It's also currently limited only to interstate highways, not any restricted access divided freeway. I tried it on Ohio-562 and Ohio-126 in Cincinnati — both are restricted access divided freeways, but EAP refused to work on either. But I-75 and I-71? Worked just fine.

I keep getting "Autosteer disabled on this road". Haven't seen it work yet.

I'll try a highway and go under 45. Just hope I don't forget to put in earplugs. I hate the sound of cars honking at me.

I got the update at a little past 3 Sunday morning. Took it out on the freeway then. No one behind me because at that hour hardly anyone was on the road. :)

BTW, the system worked well.

It's also currently limited only to interstate highways, not any restricted access divided freeway. I tried it on Ohio-562 and Ohio-126 in Cincinnati — both are restricted access divided freeways, but EAP refused to work on either. But I-75 and I-71? Worked just fine.
Not in the Phoenix area. It works on the State Route 101 loop, tried it for a few minutes and it engaged below 45mph.