Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery before the end of the year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@kutkuzak — Interesting... This is what I see from the order agreement for the Model 3; Wording is definitely different:

Order; Nonrefundable Order Payment; Changes. After you submit your completed order and the options you selected become available in production, we will begin the process of matching your order to a vehicle and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. Your Order Payment covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs and is not a deposit for the Vehicle. Your Order Payment is fully refundable only until your order is matched to a Vehicle, at which point it becomes nonrefundable. Any changes to your Vehicle Configuration, delivery location or expected delivery time after the Order Date will be difficult, if not impossible, for us to accommodate. If you want to make changes to your order, we will try to accommodate your request. If we accept your request, you may be subject to a non-refundable $500 change fee and potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location or estimated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement.​

Note: I've bolded what Tesla bolded.

47xOAPf.png

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
When did you place your order Kermee? My Order Agreement dated 7/3/18 does not contain the sentence you've underlined in red and clearly states that the $2500 order payment is non-refundable. They must have changed the language of the agreement in the past few weeks.

@djgarrett21 — I placed my order on 7/12/18 which is a little over a week after yours. The lower-left footer of each page in my PDF says:

Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v. 20180612 en_US)
Tesla, Inc. (c)2018

TBH, I remember there was another thread here on the board where people noticed that sentence was omitted in their MVOA. So I'm not sure which version of it takes precedence. But the general consensus was your $2,500 "Order Payment" was refundable, up until they match a vehicle. (i.e. If you're assigned a VIN, you're too late.)

For all you AWD people awaiting delivery, how confident are you that your car will be delivered by the end of the year? I ordered mine in mid July which I figured would give me a good cushion. I’d hate to miss out on the $7500 tax rebate.

I thought of changing to RWD but was thinking the new price hikes would take effect because of the revised order.

btw - i placed my original order on 7/25, before the price hikes - LR/DM/AP with Blue/white interior...Then on 8/14, i decided on a color change only...When i attempted the change, the ordering system was charging me for a price hike on the paint, but also the DM!! $1500+

I called customer service and they explained that when the final paper work is done, only the original ordering prices will be taken into account - meaning, no extra charge for me....But they did warn that i was going to be pushed out by a month...

Sure enough, when i made the change - i went from Sept-Nov to Oct-Dec...But considering i had ordered the 2nd most popular color (blue) and changed to the 2nd least color ordered (silver), i am pretty confident i will get my vehicle before December : )

So, if you are planning a change, you'd better do it soon - else risk losing $3750 on the rebate...

Good Luck!!