Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried this method in IE browser and it shows a VIN number: 64XXX
No contact from ISA on the VIN assignment. I will call up and try to confirm the delivery.

Reservation online 3/31/2016
Ordered June 18 - RWD; switched to AWD on July 20
AWD non-P, Blue, Aero, EAP

Just got contacted by my "Insider Delivery Advisor". Config closed 25 Jul and contacted today 31 Jul. No delivery day yet.

Just to throw my details in:

Reserved: In person 3/31 SoCal 10:30am (non-owner)
Configured: 6/26 6:00pm
Build: Model 3 AWD, pearl white, black PUP, aeros, no AP
Delivery: Tomorrow 8/1 in Costa Mesa
VIN: 56,xxx

Last edited:
Reserved: Online during model 3 reveal
Configured: 6/7 RWD
edited: AWD 6/26
Build: Model 3 AWD, white ext. black int. aeros, AP
Pickup to be in Fremont

Still have an edit button, no vin

Coming up on my two month configuration anniversary. Probably would already have the car by now if I stayed with RWD.
Really excited to have a car that goes more than 100 miles. Rav4 EV has been my only car for a few years now...

Just to throw my details in:

Reserved: In person 3/31 SoCal 10:30am
Configured: 6/26 6:00pm
Build: Model 3 AWD, white, aeros, no AP
Delivery: Tomorrow 8/1 in Costa Mesa
VIN: 56,xxx
Interesting
I reserved: In person 3/31 NorCal 10:30am
Original Invite: 2/28
First Configured: 4/25
AWD Configured: 6/26 8:31pm
White Interior Configured: 7/26 10:23pm
Current Build: Model 3 AWD, MSM, White Interior, Sport, EAP

Still have edit link on page.
Have heard nothing yet from anyone.
Hopefully I hear something soon given my order date and config is pretty close to yours.

Reactions: EVGhost3
Interesting

Hopefully I hear something soon given my order date and config is pretty close to yours.

Probably due to the white interior IMO. I think I've only read/heard of white in delivered P3Ds so far.

Interesting

My configuration and order dates are exactly like yours except the initial reservation was online before reveal and white exterior, AWD non-p. I still have the edit button and a sep-nov date.
I’m hoping to get it before nov.

Maybe....when did you receive your VIN and delivery date?

I got my original invite on 3/22. I never received an email that told me AWD was available to configure, I just kept reading the reddit forums and would check a couple times a day to see if AWD was there, which it finally appeared on 6/26.

I never noticed my Edit button disappear, I was checking it maybe once a day or every two days. Out of the blue I got an email with a VIN on 7/24 saying to finish my steps to take delivery and that my car was nearly done with production. I ended up using Tesla financing after the ease of the process and not caring to jump through a bunch of hoops to set up a local credit union account to save .25%. I decided to trade in my BMW to Tesla for the same reason. Could have got $400 more through Carvana, maybe $1000-$1500 more through private party, but I just wanted to do it the easy way.

After I took care of that I got a call 2 days later to set up delivery date/time. I was offered today 7/31 but the time didn't work, so I chose tomorrow.

FWIW my date kept showing Sept-Nov delivery time frame even while I was going through the financing process.

My configuration and order dates are exactly like yours except the initial reservation was online before reveal and white exterior, AWD non-p. I still have the edit button and a sep-nov date.
I’m hoping to get it before nov.

I also have sep-nov date, but few others seem to be getting their delivery dates sooner. I don't know if that is due to change in config or Tesla was simply being conservative and lumped a large number of us in to the sep-nov block.

Reactions: EVGhost3
I also have sep-nov date, but few others seem to be getting their delivery dates sooner. I don't know if that is due to change in config or Tesla was simply being conservative and lumped a large number of us in to the sep-nov block.

I think we would have been getting our vin’s soon but the white interior probably pushed it back. I called Tesla yesterday and from what I understood, I don’t think they have started any deliveries or vin assignment for white non-p interiors

I got my original invite on 3/22. I never received an email that told me AWD was available to configure, I just kept reading the reddit forums and would check a couple times a day to see if AWD was there, which it finally appeared on 6/26.

I never noticed my Edit button disappear, I was checking it maybe once a day or every two days. Out of the blue I got an email with a VIN on 7/24 saying to finish my steps to take delivery and that my car was nearly done with production. I ended up using Tesla financing after the ease of the process and not caring to jump through a bunch of hoops to set up a local credit union account to save .25%. I decided to trade in my BMW to Tesla for the same reason. Could have got $400 more through Carvana, maybe $1000-$1500 more through private party, but I just wanted to do it the easy way.

After I took care of that I got a call 2 days later to set up delivery date/time. I was offered today 7/31 but the time didn't work, so I chose tomorrow.

FWIW my date kept showing Sept-Nov delivery time frame even while I was going through the financing process.

Wow, sounds like when it does happen things progress quickly. Might bite the bullet and change from private to Tesla financing. See if that moves things along quicker. Not planning to keep the loan that long anyway so might be worth a few bucks if I get my car sooner. Would also be a huge hassle to line up financing in such a short time anyway.

Non-owner, reserved online April 1, 5AM EST
Configured: 6/27 AWD, Non-Performance, Red, Sport Wheels, EAP
Edited: 6/29, MSM
Edited 7/17'ish, back to Red
Edited 7/30 early evening, Blue
The edit button disappears 7/30 late evening, with request to confirm information and financing through credit union
7/31 I call Tesla and get a verbal VIN in 54,XXX's...

My account page still says Sept - Nov delivery... waiting for that to change (F5, F5 ,F5!) and a phone call from an ISA!