Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My edit button went away and asked me to fill my loan application yesterday. This morning, my My Tesla page got a quote back just like everyone with the same 3.59% rate. I didn't want to bother shopping for another loan, so I accepted it. I just got an email from a Tesla ISA asking to confirm everything and pick a day for delivery.

Reservation: online 6/7/2016
Config: 6/27/2018 (Est delivery Sept - Nov)
Made changes: 8/2/2018 (Est changed to Oct - Dec)

Loan application available: 8/13
Loan approved and accepted: 8/14 morning
ISA email contact: 8/14 4pm
Vin: Assigned, after asking the ISA in the email. She sent it to me: 066XXX
Delivery location: Manhasset, NY
Delivery dates to choose from: 9/10-9/15 (I picked 9/11)

Non-P Long Range AWD, Pearl White, EAP

Forgot to update my post. I got the car 3 days ago. Checked the entire car with fine comb and went through the checklist. Not a single issue. No color mismatch. No scratches. No irregular panel gaps. :)

I know it’s been said/asked before of AWD owners, can someone track it? And get real performance times?

Or point to a real solid AWD review?

I made the mistake, yesterday, of driving a PAWD, and of course crave that punch, but I have a VIN and delivery date this Thursday for a white AWD, black interior, and 19s.

I’ve driven RWD P85s that are a 4.2 0-60 car, and really liked it. So I’m wondering, like everyone, what’s the AWD really like.

The reports from first time Tesla owners are great, but first timers in MS60’s, rightfully thought they were the quickest things ever. It really comes down to how Tesla is dialing the tip in on acceleration.

Ugh, I’m rambling.

u

When I post is seconds from live data. But if you go to the links I usually include, the spreadsheet and its charts are always current. I do have to perform a routine to incorporate new users' data to the charts data set, but I've been doing that several times a day.
That's good to know...thanks. I went up last Tues to Dedham, MA to test drive an M3. I asked, they deliver 18 M3s per day, roughly 100/week. Do you get a sense of that delivery 'tempo' from the data being updated? Granted Dedham MA is but one showroom which, by law, can't deliver into CT or RI. I don't know what the delivery tempo in Mt Kisco NY (where I have to go, is. Remember a week or more ago I was speculating about the 'wave' of deliveries in a time series. Are you seeing that? The reason I asked the question is I am not so I am not sure I am not looking at a static chart as opposed to what Microsoft used to call DDE (dynamic data exchange) such that charts would automatically update with the backing data. Again, not familiar with the capabilities of Google Sheets.

All your data seems hidden in the page code. Delivery location was just the only one populated for me. After "DeliveryDetails" are others, such as "Expected Delivery" Date and Time, VIN, and order status. It's a big set of XML data.
Don't count on that. Mine says, Tesla told me, Dedham MA as that is the closest showroom. HOWEVER, no, MA can not legally sell to CT or RI, perhaps not to NH or VT. So even though it said Dedham it has to be Mt Kisco NY. YMMV.

Where can you even see the Vin online? I've had a Vin for a while and it never showed online. I have to have my Vin reassigned and I can't tell if anythings happened.
If on the initial page, after logging in, it shows your reservation number. (my understanding is those ordering after June 28th or whenever, actually do have a reservation # to placehold. After you get a VIN assigned, it will instead display a VIN number rather than RN.

• Informative
Reactions: cct3 and Relayer
Non-owner
Reserved 4/3/16 in Houston TX
Configured 6/27/18
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Obsidian Black Metallic
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
Contacted 8/23
VIN# 8/24
Delivery appointment at Houston-North scheduled for 9/17 at 12 noon

I may have wasted a few days because I didn't know for Texas, Tesla has to receive and deposit all funds before they will schedule delivery.

Last edited:
Remember this is voluntary reporting. People can put their initial "I am waiting" entry in then forget to ever update it. I put my entry in, then when I got the call I had to remember where I saw the spreadsheet to find it again to do the update. When I initially put the data in I came from another site that had mentioned the tracking spreadsheet with a link.

So, it is possible that there are others that put the waiting entry in and never came back to put the delivered in.
What makes it more iffy is there are at least 3 separate spreadsheets. I think the people on this forum are a very small subset of the people waiting. Most aren't looking for "backfires" or buying manuals on JavaScript or learning to develop web pages. Tesla won't get paid for that car until you sign for delivery. Trust me, they want to get paid every bit as much as you want the car. They will call and email. I think what you said Mike is correct and matches what CJ (co-author of the Troy spreadsheet) told me. Initially the people ordering were incented to log it..9% of the total orders, now people updating represents about 2%. Just being on here is messing with my anxiety level. People, including myself, need to chill. The other thing I'll through out are people just screwing with us..."I ordered one yesterday and got a VIN today!!!! Yay for me!". This is classic web forum stuff.

If on the initial page, after logging in, it shows your reservation number. (my understanding is those ordering after June 28th or whenever, actually do have a reservation # to placehold. After you get a VIN assigned, it will instead display a VIN number rather than RN.
Not seeing that for me. My MVPA shows my VIN, but my account page/home page still has my RN listed

All this talk about fsd, but after watching videos of the car hiting other cars while auto parking makes me think the autopark feature is worthless and fsd is a long way off despite the videos released. EAP on the highway is just fancy cruise control but I'm getting it regardless. When the cars can autopark without hitting other vehicles I'll be more likely to consider fsd.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Glamisduner: Our M3 was delivered 24-Aug. Delivery was delayed about two weeks due to "special inspections" which we were told all M3s were being subjected to. So not really sure when it was built. Perhaps it didn't receive the upgrades for FSD, though I paid the $5K for the EAP (I didn't see any options to purchase FSD).
I haven't seen the videos but car doesn't 'autopark' worth beans. Not nearly as well as friends' Ford and GM cars. In fact, on our first attempt at a very easy parking spot the passenger side rear wheel hit the curb causing some really ugly wheel rash. Not happy...
So, whatever level of 'autonomy' my $5K paid for, I'd suggest not paying for it.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
All this talk about fsd, but after watching videos of the car hiting other cars while auto parking makes me think the autopark feature is worthless and fsd is a long way off despite the videos released. EAP on the highway is just fancy cruise control but I'm getting it regardless. When the cars can autopark without hitting other vehicles I'll be more likely to consider fsd.
Very interesting...i have not seen the videos yet but I am an existing owner of Model S (AP1.0) and have been using autopark regularly for past 2.5 years without any major issues. What I can see happening though is if while you are trying to autopark between two vehicles and if one of the two vehicles start moving, I don’t think autopark can handle it. I have also seen situations where autopark pops up occasionally at traffic lights if the lane next to you has two cars that have left enough space in between to accommodate another car in between and autopark thinks this is a parallel parking opportunity :p I do agree that based on my experience with AP1.0, I think FSD is much further out but I paid for it anyway :D

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
Setup delivery appointment for 9/4! I can't believe its finally happening!

Non-Owner
Reserved: 5/20/17
Order: 6/27/18
IDA Contact: 8/27/18
Delivery Scheduled for: 9/4/18
Vin: 665XX

Non-P AWD, MSM, Aero, Black Interior, EAP, FSD.

IDA called me back on 8/30 to setup an appointment for 9/4. Was offered home delivery (90 minute window) or pickup at Tempe (5-10 min delivery - I opted for pickup since I live very close and want to take pictures at the location with family if possible.

They have already been delivering Non-P AWD Model 3s here in AZ with VIN #s in the 90,000+ range according to Teslike's spreadsheet... I hope my 665XX VIN is't somebody's reject - I know Tesla will take care of any issues (if any), but it is still something I would rather not deal with.

Attachments

• AZ AWD Deliveries.JPG
    AZ AWD Deliveries.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 71
Took delivery Friday. AWS, Blue, White interior. Everything went smoohtly and loving the car. Two issues:

#1: Could not get the 3 to show up in the app on either my wife's or my phone, only existing S. Tesla staff stumped. Turns out we had to log out of the app and back in for the 3 to show up.

#2: Daughter and I take it for a test drive up the winding mountain road from the house. Lots of fun. Switch drivers at the top to come back down... and the car won't start. My phone had died and daughter doesn't have the app. No cell reception on the phone, but the car does. Had to flag down a passing car with a working phone, call wife and ask her to start it for us. So maybe carry that keycard with you at the beginning.

• Informative
Reactions: cct3 and tony b