Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, that's a very good question and the answer is YES. I'd do that and avoid a wait. I am sure you are in the system and all is good. Question: Did they actually take your $2500? I ask as maybe you card expired and the info they had was old and the $2500 was denied? Just a thought. You owe it to yourself to make sure all is in order.

I've used the 888 number referenced on your order page.
Call 100 times, show up 20 times... it’s not going to make your delivery any sooner. It’s not like they’ll say “oh Corey called again... f it let’s give him bobs car cause I’m tired of Corey calling”

On the phone with Tesla now. In my account is a confirmed delivery date of 09/22. I called with some questions and happened to ask if I had a VIN. She said no, and said it was "really weird" that I didn't have a VIN, but had a scheduled delivery date. Now I'm super nervous again. Was this mass email that the "Delivery Schedulers" sent just a big mistake? I want my car!!

I'm on hold now while she's looking into it.

UPDATE: She just came back and said that she was out for a week and they _just_ changed SOP so people are matched to VINs at the last minute, as little as a few days before taking delivery. She said as long as I see a scheduled delivery date on my account, it's set in stone and I should for sure have my car by then (barring any last minute issues).

Phew. What a roller coaster.
No it’s not. You’re just being impatient. They gave you a delivery date yet you called to bother Tesla about a VIN why?. You guys are acting so crazy. Like the people who rush into Walmart on Black Friday pushing and shoving each other

No it’s not. You’re just being impatient. They gave you a delivery date yet you called to bother Tesla about a VIN why?. You guys are acting so crazy. Like the people who rush into Walmart on Black Friday pushing and shoving each other

Well, in my case I think I need my VIN because I am not that pleased with the rate Tesla provided me despite an excellent credit score and I am pretty confident I can lower APR by 0.10-0.20 or better arranging loan on my own.

Reactions: neroden and wcorey
On the phone with Tesla now. In my account is a confirmed delivery date of 09/22. I called with some questions and happened to ask if I had a VIN. She said no, and said it was "really weird" that I didn't have a VIN, but had a scheduled delivery date. Now I'm super nervous again. Was this mass email that the "Delivery Schedulers" sent just a big mistake? I want my car!!

I'm on hold now while she's looking into it.

UPDATE: She just came back and said that she was out for a week and they _just_ changed SOP so people are matched to VINs at the last minute, as little as a few days before taking delivery. She said as long as I see a scheduled delivery date on my account, it's set in stone and I should for sure have my car by then (barring any last minute issues).

Phew. What a roller coaster.
It's not clear how that works with people who's financing isn't secure without a MVPA w/vin.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I am financing through USAA. Tesla stopped accepting ACH transfers from them last month, so I have to have them mail me a cashier’s check for me to take to Tesla in person when I go for delivery.

I need to give them a VIN before they can issue the check.

This is why not getting a VIN until 1-2 days before delivery will not work.

Call 100 times, show up 20 times... it’s not going to make your delivery any sooner. It’s not like they’ll say “oh Corey called again... f it let’s give him bobs car cause I’m tired of Corey calling”
FWIW Chris, in the last year I think I've called twice. I don't believe the individual I was referring to has called at all. Earlier, I agreed with you 99%. I think people seeing others who ordered after they did routinely getting delivery, get a free call to get assurance all is in order. The alternative is, as you pointed out, people go manic, mob mentality and that's when the entire system breaks down.

And those two times were not 'where is my car' calls. My delivery point was dedham, ma and dedham cannot sell cars into ct. Significantly different issue. FWIW

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Can’t you do that when you get the VIN 2 days before delivery?

I'm taking delivery on a Monday so if 2 days before means Saturday or Friday, it might be tough to line up financing in such a short time over a weekend, especially if I need to allow for funds to be transferred into my account. I don't need it today, but definitely would like it at least a week out.

Reactions: JFW1103