Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email from Tesla this AM encouraging those who want silver or Obsidian to order by Friday:

"Model 3 orders placed before Friday in Metallic Silver or Obsidian Black Metallic will be produced on an expedited basis, so MAY be available as soon as two to four weeks."

Or maybe 2019?

Still waiting for my white. Should I change?

Exercising restraint.

Email from Tesla this AM encouraging those who want silver or Obsidian to order by Friday:

"Model 3 orders placed before Friday in Metallic Silver or Obsidian Black Metallic will be produced on an expedited basis, so MAY be available as soon as two to four weeks."

Or maybe 2019?

Exercising restraint.

UNREAL

Truly more BS for the rest of us waiting impatiently

Or maybe 2019?

Exercising restraint.

Yeah I got the same email, and I’m considering making the change to Metallic Silver before Friday. I was down to Silver or MSM and ended up configuring MSM on the advice of my wife (“that’s the prettiest color”). But given that I am on the Board of Directors of the “nothing but crickets” club I am tempted to go Silver now if that will expedite my delivery. That’s a big IF based on the wording of the email. May call Tesla after work this evening to discuss.

Has anyone not received a reply back about scheduling a pickup date? It's been a week since the 1st congratulation email about my Model 3 is ready, but Tesla has not replied back for scheduling or loan. Just said I can go pick it up anytime from 10/1 to 10/8.

You need to call them. You cannot just show up and get your car, you must schedule a pick up time.

Reactions: neroden
Yeah I got the same email, and I’m considering making the change to Metallic Silver before Friday. I was down to Silver or MSM and ended up configuring MSM on the advice of my wife (“that’s the prettiest color”). But given that I am on the Board of Directors of the “nothing but crickets” club I am tempted to go Silver now if that will expedite my delivery. That’s a big IF based on the wording of the email. May call Tesla after work this evening to discuss.
I’m the chairman of the board. They didn’t even send me the email about silver. When they sent the white interior email out a while back, they didn’t answer my email asking for it so I just kept black. I’m done with the games.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
You need to call them. You cannot just show up and get your car, you must schedule a pick up time.
OK fellow cruise passengers, at precisely 11:00pm everybody flush your toilets in your cabin and watch the fun that ensues!
Don't call SLC, call whatever showroom you're supposed to pick your car up from. Allegedly they have it not your IDA. Before you head out, don't until and unless the delivery point personnel verify it's off the truck and has been inspected.

OK fellow cruise passengers, at precisely 11:00pm everybody flush your toilets in your cabin and watch the fun that ensues!
Don't call SLC, call whatever showroom you're supposed to pick your car up from. Allegedly they have it not your IDA. Before you head out, don't until and unless the delivery point personnel verify it's off the truck and has been inspected.

I don't believe this information is correct. The inside delivery adviser is the one who needs to validate all documentation and get the delivery scheduled.

Also, many delivery locations are service centers only and do not have "showrooms".

Or maybe 2019?

Exercising restraint.
Tesla is forcing people to place order on Metallic Silver and Obsidian Black Metallic before end of the quarter then they will build it late Sept to clear out existing order and move on from these two colors.

Reactions: neroden
Has anyone not received a reply back about scheduling a pickup date? It's been a week since the 1st congratulation email about my Model 3 is ready, but Tesla has not replied back for scheduling or loan. Just said I can go pick it up anytime from 10/1 to 10/8.
A specific date and time must be coordinated. They are a bit behind on getting back to emails. You can either be patient, or call CS with the name of your DSA from the email. I got a quick response that way. (refer to my last post)

Reactions: neroden and abasile
I don't believe this information is correct. The inside delivery adviser is the one who needs to validate all documentation and get the delivery scheduled.

Also, many delivery locations are service centers only and do not have "showrooms".
Hmmm, I assume people with the money to afford one of these cars has the brains to know the Ida doesnt unload or inspect cars.if you've been paying attention, there have been many cases reported where IDA would say pick up your car without knowing it was damaged on arrival. You call whoever you want, I'm calling the SITE, where the car is inspected and waiting for me to drive it off. AFTER any damage has been rectified.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ron Kerensky