Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You call whoever you want, I'm calling the SITE, where the car is inspected and waiting for me to drive it off. AFTER any damage has been rectified.

I went from Delivery Scheduling Advisor, then to Delivery Advisor, and now, to the Team when picking up the vehicle.....and as the delivery point is an huge Exhibition Center, I'm to wait till I meet them to ask about extra Key cards etc..... What a Ride! ....all to get a Better Ride ;)

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Hi everyone! Long time listener, first time caller. I got my delivery scheduled with the last big push of invites last week. My account changed yesterday with the option to enter in financing information. I’m not sure what to put in for loan amount being I don’t have an exact total as to what it will be with taxes and such. Do I just guess or round or should I wait to hear something from Tesla? Itching to get financing rolling but don’t want to apply yet if I don’t know how much I need exactly.

Also:
AWD/Non-P/MSM/EAP/Michigan
Reserved 4/8/16, ordered 7/4/18. Schedule contact on 9/6/18, pickup Highland Park 9/29

I have MSM on order, Sept - Nov delivery. If I switch to Black before Friday, I pay $1,000 extra (MSM was already +$1,000) but get it in 2- 4 weeks vs. crickets to date? Is that what everyone else understands?
That’s what is says, with the caveat “may”, as in maybe. Personally, they also said having a reservation gave priority over those without and that hasn’t proven totally accurate so take it for what it is. It may work out great for you, but I’ve move into the camp of “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me”.

Hi everyone! Long time listener, first time caller. I got my delivery scheduled with the last big push of invites last week. My account changed yesterday with the option to enter in financing information. I’m not sure what to put in for loan amount being I don’t have an exact total as to what it will be with taxes and such. Do I just guess or round or should I wait to hear something from Tesla? Itching to get financing rolling but don’t want to apply yet if I don’t know how much I need exactly.

Also:
AWD/Non-P/MSM/EAP/Michigan
Reserved 4/8/16, ordered 7/4/18. Schedule contact on 9/6/18, pickup Highland Park 9/29
You know the total of your car , then they ask you what % down you want. The rest is financed. It’s pretty quick to get a answer back. I had it back in one day

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
A specific date and time must be coordinated. They are a bit behind on getting back to emails. You can either be patient, or call CS with the name of your DSA from the email. I got a quick response that way. (refer to my last post)

Thanks! I will wait a little longer since I don't think I can help push this in Q3 to help with their bottom line. Anytime before 12/31 is good for me.

You need to call them. You cannot just show up and get your car, you must schedule a pick up time.
Has anyone not received a reply back about scheduling a pickup date? It's been a week since the 1st congratulation email about my Model 3 is ready, but Tesla has not replied back for scheduling or loan. Just said I can go pick it up anytime from 10/1 to 10/8.
You might try going in person to schedule if Tesla is not responding.

I have not heard from my delivery associate since the initial email...he then scheduled me for a delivery appointment that I couldn’t possibly make.

After not being able to reach anyone, I just went to the delivery center to reschedule in person and was in and out in 5 minutes.

As long as I get a VIN in time to finalize my loan, I don’t care if I never hear from him again. All the other details and down payment were taken care of last month before my original delivery date, which was canceled at the last minute.

I will start pestering if I don’t have a VIN by this time next week.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
That’s what is says, with the caveat “may”, as in maybe. Personally, they also said having a reservation gave priority over those without and that hasn’t proven totally accurate so take it for what it is. It may work out great for you, but I’ve move into the camp of “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me”.

These Tesla mind games are starting to weigh on me. I understand the need for profitability, but these actions are not customer centric in the least.

I was a late reservation holder, and while I'm not trying to jump the line, I simply, like many folks, want to leverage the tax break. It's a big one.

Thanks for your input. And yes, Utah is rad.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Irony today ...

Called Tesla for the first time to check on my order ... as in WTF is going on and where's my car ...
Of course they had no more info then I can see on line. Confirmed no VIN and all my stuff looked good.

Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I got a call from the showroom regarding my P3 test drive this week.
After some back and forth conversation about my impatience with my order I was told they aren't going by reservations anymore. Everything is built in batches and assigned to the next person in queue with that configuration.

None of this is really new news other than one more person confirming what we've discussed/ assumed.

Irony today ...

Called Tesla for the first time to check on my order ... as in WTF is going on and where's my car ...
Of course they had no more info then I can see on line. Confirmed no VIN and all my stuff looked good.

Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I got a call from the showroom regarding my P3 test drive this week.
After some back and forth conversation about my impatience with my order I was told they aren't going by reservations anymore. Everything is built in batches and assigned to the next person in queue with that configuration.

None of this is really new news other than one more person confirming what we've discussed/ assumed.
Let us know how many people disagree with you on that! :) I relayed the same thing and people chose to disagree with me on it. Horse meet water.
But, my delivery is scheduled. Trying to update JKirkwood's spreadsheet denied me as I already updated for the Sept 6 SMS.

Let us know how many people disagree with you on that! :) I relayed the same thing and people chose to disagree with me on it. Horse meet water.
But, my delivery is scheduled. Trying to update JKirkwood's spreadsheet denied me as I already updated for the Sept 6 SMS.

I never said I agreed with it, however this was the manager of the store and she came across honest and sincere.
I still think I'm getting discriminated against for not being an EAP purchaser

I never said I agreed with it, however this was the manager of the store and she came across honest and sincere.
I still think I'm getting discriminated against for not being an EAP purchaser
I haven't found a 'tongue-in-cheek' emoji. It was tongue-in-cheek. If I had said beautiful beach day here in South Carolina, I would understand people disagreeing with me, esp those in SC. I said what, effectively, you said, they are going by when did they receive the $2500, 99.9% identical to order date. Anyway. I did get @jkirkwood001 spreadsheet updated.

Oh, @a.void yeah, I did have EAP and FSD prepaid. But that's just for the push for prior to 9/30 EOD. max revenue for Q3..Next day is first day of different quarter, they won't be so anal.

Irony today ...

What you are saying is that folks with reservations gave TSLA a ~2.5 years interest free loan on $1k?!

It does look like they are using some type of a prioritized queue?! I would point out that there might be regional anomalies because delivery centers/routes might the bottleneck.... or delivery in CA yields more profit compared with the cost of shipping to East Coast.

Got my delivery date yesterday!

Got a call from my IDA and he gave me option for delivery date. I chose 9/20 and he said ok and said he will email me the VIN number to get my loan and insurance finalized.
Wait is almost over....

LR AWD (non-P), MSM, 19" Sport Wheels, EAP (current-owner)

Congrats. good to see some of the CT folks getting delivery dates now.. we need more M3's in our towns

You might try going in person to schedule if Tesla is not responding.

I have not heard from my delivery associate since the initial email...he then scheduled me for a delivery appointment that I couldn’t possibly make.

After not being able to reach anyone, I just went to the delivery center to reschedule in person and was in and out in 5 minutes.

As long as I get a VIN in time to finalize my loan, I don’t care if I never hear from him again. All the other details and down payment were taken care of last month before my original delivery date, which was canceled at the last minute.

I will start pestering if I don’t have a VIN by this time next week.
They are pretty clear VIN is given out only days before delivery. Why...I don't know except to avoid having to reassign VIN for any reason. <- that's a guess.