Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain. Literally, in the same boat. I wonder what changed? Where were you scheduled to pick up? I'm at Rocklin - two hours by truck from Fremont.

So I decided to call the number I received my delay call from just to see where it goes to, and it turns out it's the Tesla delivery scheduling team and it's a number you can call and speak to someone at (was expecting some kind of message indicating the number can't receive calls, etc.). I spoke to a nice agent that said they just didn't want to promise a date and then miss it again, but that they could put me on the schedule again just to have a pickup date scheduled. She seemed to read something on her screen and then told me that yes they're clear to schedule dates in October and gave me my pick of dates starting October 1st for Minneapolis. She assured me that someone would call me if the car ends up arriving sooner and indicated that they're having issues for everyone in my area. So I have a tentative date but not putting much stock in it, I'm just hoping that having an appointment increases the chance of getting a VIN reassigned.

Last edited:
AWD pearl white black interior 18” FSD. “missed the truck” for delivery to Mt Kisco for yesterday to be delivered home in the 22.

New delivery date next Monday”or earlier “they are trying to increase deliveries in September” VIN66XXX
Not bad — just a couple-day delay.

I’m guessing the closer we get to the 22nd, the more unlikely it will be that people will get the “delay” call simply because they’d know by now if it was going to make it to the east coast on time.

Got a call from the DA that my delivery has been delayed, I was supposed to take delivery this Thursday 9/20 now it next week Tuesday 9/25
Bummed out I won't have the car for this weekend but hoping to get the delivery on Tuesday.
MSM, LR AWD, 19: Wheels, EAP, Premium Black

For what it is worth.. here is the latest summary from Troy's wonderful spreadsheet. For anyone still waiting to hear, we're almost there as not many new orders, most of the backlog is already cleared out. only ~750 folks still waiting for delivery (AWD and P combined incl Canada orders) and Sept delivery is already at 830+ as of now.. so al the queue should be pretty much empty by halloween.

Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker (Published Web Version)

From the "VIN Queue" Tab

RWD : 0.6 new orders/day and 2.6 VIN assignments per day
RWD backlog: 24 buyers still waiting and @ 83% order complete
I suspect most of the outstanding ones are data quality issues as the owner may not have updated after initial entry and very few (single digits) may actually waiting

AWD : 1.1 new orders/day and 10.9 VIN assignments per day
AWD Backlog (reservation) : 410 buyers waiting and @ 61% corder complete
AWD Backlog (non reservation) : 203 buyers waiting and @ 27% order complete

P : 0.6 new orders/day and 8.7 VIN assignments per day
P Backlog (reservation) : 76 buyers waiting and @ 78% order complete
P Backlog (non reservation) : 51 buyers waiting and @49% order complete

Most of these numbers are bit misleading (underestimated) as the delivery status.. as many already have delivery schedule before end of this month but don't have a VIN exposed yet due to the new process. so there could be a sudden spike with VIN assignments as folks get VIN 2-7 days before Sept 30th.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: the_danimal
So I decided to call the number I received my delay call from just to see where it goes to, and it turns out it's the Tesla delivery scheduling team and it's a number you can call and speak to someone at (was expecting some kind of message indicating the number can't receive calls, etc.). I spoke to a nice agent that said they just didn't want to promise a date and then miss it again, but that they could put me on the schedule again just to have a pickup date scheduled. She seemed to read something on her screen and then told me that yes they're clear to schedule dates in October and gave me my pick of dates starting October 1st for Minneapolis. She assured me that someone would call me if the car ends up arriving sooner and indicated that they're having issues for everyone in my area. So I have a tentative date but not putting much stock in it, I'm just hoping that having an appointment increases the chance of getting a VIN reassigned.

What’s the phone number?

Orig config 7/29/18 black awd sport black int no eap
Changed to blue-white seats 9/15/18
Signed mvpa & made final payment 9/18/18
Rcvd vin 1009xx
Awaiting delivery schedule

So Elon bumped you up the queue for the additional $1500 :) it clearly worked. Good luck

Also, I think Texas orders works in Tesla's favor since the car is considered fully sold/paid off to account in the book as sale due to the way it being handled.. even though the delivery takes a month.. very bad.. Elon should air ship the Texas cars over the next two weeks as you folks are prepaying it.

So Elon bumped you up the queue for the additional $1500 :) it clearly worked. Good luck

Also, I think Texas orders works in Tesla's favor since the car is considered fully sold/paid off to account in the book as sale due to the way it being handled.. even though the delivery takes a month.. very bad.. Elon should air ship the Texas cars over the next two weeks as you folks are prepaying it.
I had a feeling it would work, once they raised prices and my build grew $2700 and I noticed that my config date locked me at the cheaper paint and and dm price I justified allowing myself to spring for the white seats I wanted.

Delivery scheduling center - 888-771-2505
People could/should call their local deliver center. It is kinder on Tesla as you want your car, don't keep the people trying to accomplish that on the fricken phone all day with people asking "is it soup yet". This customer base, on here is going to drive Tesla into paralysis, or they'll just stop answering the phones altogether.
A phone call will not make you car materialize any faster.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
So...I just got a call for delivery! But weird...

I literally ordered the car two weeks ago....on September 6 for a RWD, updated to AWD on September 12, and call for delivery on September 17!

Crazy right? This is a “re-order”, since I did get a RWD model 3 in June that Tesla is buying back, but they said that I had to order a new one and get in line, especially since I switched to AWD. But this is super fast....

Red, AWD (non-P), Black interior, sport wheels, EAP.

Well, looks like this was a false alarm....no car assigned to me....darn! Thought I got lucky, but just another Tesla Flub....back in the waiting queue....