Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah just spoke with Mt. Kisco again and different salesperson said they had no idea that text blast was going out last night and that after investigating it on their side, they've come to the conclusion it doesn't necessarily mean anything - was a fishing trip by central Tesla to see how many people theoretically could take delivery in the next few days and where they were located. She specifically said that "Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week" could mean there is a model 3 matching your order SOMEWHERE, could be in Fremont or Chicago or Florida, not necessarily in your region, and obviously no guarantee that that car can be delivered to you from 9/26-9/30.

That is really just a dumb way to do business if you ask me. Presumably they know where all the cars are, so why not take the little bit of extra time to only text the people who could actually physically get the car delivered in that time period, and not everyone who is willing to take delivery in that time period?

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Scratch that–just got the text! Does seem like it is going to almost everyone, but the way it is worded is interesting; makes it seem like they actually have a car at the delivery center that matches, but that can't be true for everyone.

Yep, I just got one too, so it seems like they are still going.
Well, congratulations, but I can assure you it is most definitely NOT going out to everyone. Ask me how I know.

Dan

That’s what I was told about the email blast early last week too.
I don't believe I got that one...now I feel left out.;)

To be honest, I'm beginning to question the whole purchase. It may be a wonderful car full of wonderful car goodness. It's not the only car in that category though and this delivery process is embarrassingly incompetent. The manufacturing<->inventory<->order systems appear incompetently conceived. This is a very immature company and $67,000 is a lot of money to spend on one.

Last edited:
I was scheduled for delivery this Saturday. VIN is there so have been keeping fingers crossed. I figured someone from Tesla might be contracting me so I started answering random calls today. After one pitching solar from Murrietta CA, I got a call from Fremont! It was my DA Kent, verifies all my details, said my car was arriving today and I could pick up early, but I wanted to actually delay until Sunday. He set me up and said ACH available 24 hrs prior. Seemed very on the ball, and was very pleasant. Keeping fingers crossed, I think it may happen. I have to say it’s gone better than expected so far....I think I’m getting mine as I’m only 100 miles from Fremont. Verified our conversation with follow up email within the hour.
Be sure to check your confirming email carefully- one OP had his location switched from the Rocklin SC to a dirt lot in Roseville and he showed up at the wrong location...

I just got this text as well about an hour ago. I responded but no response. Wtf...(this is the 4th time I’ve heard that a car is ready....with the first 3 being false....)
Text Saturday saying they will "reach out a few days prior to delivery" and one last night asking if I'm available 9/26-9/30. But no follow up on either call. I'll believe it when I see the car with my name on it!!

• Funny
Reactions: webdbbt
So I was met with radio silence after replying last week to the LA Metro Tesla Direct email and now I did not receive the magical text. I'm a 6/29/18 AWD config, no trade, and paying cash, in Southern California. Apparently I have somehow I have angered the delivery gods...

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Just heard from my IDA.

Text is real as others have cited.

Sounds like they got bombed this morning with follow ups, so likely shotgun approach - the goal to align any car they can sell with an owner who can execute $$$.

Apologies to all for the early paranoia on this, but damn!

I don’t have much hope I’ll actually get a car from this — buuut, it’s cool to be a part of and know somewhere, someone, is thinking about getting me my Model 3 :D

To everyone who received a text, is your order agreement gone?

No change. If you need to make sure the text is not a hoax and you have a DA, contact your DA. Telsa keeps a record of every communication and can verify if was an official notification. Granted, most of us have painfully small communication portfolios, but maybe that is some internal goal for the organization...

• Informative
Reactions: S5S5G6
Fudge, we all got it? WTF.
Don't change your travel plans. I'm on a school field trip this weekend and am thinking about all the hoops I won't jump through at the 11th hour on Friday to help Tesla make its quarterly delivery goals just to pick my car up and park it in the garage for a few days. I read somewhere that you have 7 days after the first actual/real delivery date to pick up the car before it is returned to inventory.

Don't change your travel plans. I'm on a school field trip this weekend and am thinking about all the hoops I won't jump through at the 11th hour on Friday to help Tesla make its quarterly delivery goals just to pick my car up and park it in the garage for a few days. I read somewhere that you have 7 days after the first actual/real delivery date to pick up the car before it is returned to inventory.
Yes. I've heard that second hand for awhile. Service Centers don't have multi-acre car lots as Ford, GM, etc have. They aren't configured to warehouse cars.

I just contacted thr Tesla Customer Servuce, they said the text is legit and sent form Tesla. Rep said Tesla had some extra vehicle that matches by exact confidant is want to check if I’m ready to pick up. He sad I did right thing by replying YES. He told me local DELIVERY Agent will contact me soon with more info
Maybe it is like the texts I get from the dentist office where you can only respond Yes or No, but they forgot to tell us that. So if you wrote an excited rant about how you can't wait to finally get your car, or an excuse about why you have only one day open in that window (like I did), you need to go back and type that one word, Yes or No. Will try that now.

• Funny
Reactions: S5S5G6 and webdbbt
Yes. I've heard that second hand for awhile. Service Centers don't have multi-acre car lots as Ford, GM, etc have. They aren't configured to warehouse cars.
As is the case in Rocklin, Tesla has rent 2 dusty lots to warehouse inventory as a supplement to the SC during this end-of-quarter push. I suspect that is the driver for the scheduling of home deliveries so they can reduce the bottleneck that is now at the SCs