Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so this has turned out to be a crazy day.

I decided to go ahead and call CS one more time today and inquire about the text. I got the most amazingly helpful individual. Not only did she say she’d look to see if she could find a match, she also removed the remaining barriers to the site (namely trade-in and financing) so I could complete those steps.

Did you just call the main CS line or this delivery line?

I'm thinking about doing the same, I know I won't be able to take it before end of month, but if I could at least get the trade in rolling I'll know what my loan amount is going to be and can go towards financing at least...

Supposed to have delivery tomorrow at 9 AM
Received my MVPA with VIN on 9/19, but it never updated on my account.
Received call from the SC telling me I don't have a VIN and my delivery is cancelled. It was a VMS, so I call back to see WTF this is all about and I get their VMS.

Call DSA and I get through. She gives me some BS about how they're trying. Blah, blah. I asked what happened to my car, and she didn't give a clear answer. I asked if they gave my car to someone else and she dodged the question.

She came across more irritated that I was not happy, even after I explained I used the MVPA with VIN to secure my loan, and I have my money with a loan accruing interest. I just got attitude that I'll have to correct that when I get a car. She claimed she'll call back.

Now my delivery shows cancelled/ unavailable on my account and I'm back to square one.

Totally ridiculous and beyond frustrating

Last edited:
Holy freakin guacamole Batman, this thing may actually happen! Got a text this afternoon from a “Delivery Scheduling Advisor” saying my Model 3 is ready to be picked up in Alpharettta on 9/29/2018 and asking me what time works best for me on Saturday. Spoke with her and scheduled 12:30pm BUT she said there’s no VIN or at least she can’t give me one. Said a Delivery Agent should be calling me soon to get any remaining details and send me the MVPA I need for my Credit Union. I haven’t heard anything so I called the delivery hotline and they said be patient, someone should call you tomorrow about the contract.

So for sure not 100% but I’ve gone from zero contact less than a week ago to I now have an appointment to pick up a car (which may or may not actually exist). Here’s hoping we all get our cars this weekend! :)

Reactions: tvisdog
Supposed to have delivery tomorrow at 9 AM
Received my MVPA with VIN on 9/19, but it never updated on my account.
Received call from the SC telling me I don't have a VIN and my driver is cancelled. It was a VMS, so I call back to see WTF this is all about and I get their VMS.

Call DSA and I get through. She gives me some BS about how they're trying. Blah, blah. I asked what happened to my car, and she didn't give a clear answer. I asked if they have my car to someone else and she dodged the question.

She came across more irritated that I was not happy, even after I explained I used the MVPA with VIN to secure my loan, and I have my money with a loan accruing interest. I just got attitude that I'll have to correct that when I get a car. She claimed she'll call back.

Now my delivery shows cancelled/ unavailable on my account and I'm back to square one.

Totally ridiculous and beyond frustrating

That's awful. I can't believe what a mess these deliveries have been. I hope they rectify the situation.

Holy freakin guacamole Batman, this thing may actually happen! Got a text this afternoon from a “Delivery Scheduling Advisor” saying my Model 3 is ready to be picked up in Alpharettta on 9/29/2018 and asking me what time works best for me on Saturday. Spoke with her and scheduled 12:30pm BUT she said there’s no VIN or at least she can’t give me one. Said a Delivery Agent should be calling me soon to get any remaining details and send me the MVPA I need for my Credit Union. I haven’t heard anything so I called the delivery hotline and they said be patient, someone should call you tomorrow about the contract.

So for sure not 100% but I’ve gone from zero contact less than a week ago to I now have an appointment to pick up a car (which may or may not actually exist). Here’s hoping we all get our cars this weekend! :)
ME TOO!!! I got a 3rd text from a real human with a real phone number / extension and e-mail, offering two delivery times for Saturday!

Unfortunately, after I told him 1) that I had not been given the chance to do Tesla financing and 2) that I'm out of town until Tuesday he said he needed to touch base with my Delivery Advisor about the financing. After a few text exchanges we agreed that next week would be better for delivery. He gave me a DA name, then said that wasn't the right DA, but that I do have one assigned who would reach out about completing financing.

I got the impression that they would hold this car at the Cherry Hill SC next week and we could complete the transaction then.

To see if I could unlock financing as others have I called the main CS number (they answered immediately, no holding!), they put me through to a finance group, where I had to leave a VM. No changes to my account yet, but I'm hopeful!

Apologies to anyone in the area with an earlier res date. I wasn't expecting this until end of Oct.

you don't need to add car to insurance policy on day of pickup...just have to show proof of coverage. Insurance companies give you a period of time (72 hrs??) to add car to policy - you are fully covered in the interim.
Yes, that's true. However you can't secure final financing w/o an MVPA and VIN. Not everybody can or wants to write a check for $65000->$80,000.

you don't need to add car to insurance policy on day of pickup...just have to show proof of coverage. Insurance companies give you a period of time (72 hrs??) to add car to policy - you are fully covered in the interim.

How will you register and get plated in NY without an insurance card with the VIN on it? When I picked up my last car, last minute on a Saturday afternoon, I had to get a valid insurance card before driving off.