Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 Long Range AWD on order since 8/1 for Mt. Kisco delivery. Amazingly they had a car for me originally within a month, but I was away in CA and couldn't return, so let them return to inventory. Then was in touch with my IDA for awhile, but he stopped responding at the beginning of this week. Then got the robo text on Tuesday night, and one response, then nothing until yesterday when got a call from Delivery Central in Las Vegas that my car would be available on Saturday, made a 10:30 am appointment. But no VIN, reached them this morning in Vegas, they don't have VIN, and no VIN on my order page. Have been calling Mt. Kisco, but no one picks up, left msg for Delivery Mgr a couple of hours ago, but no response yet. And general delivery extension doesn't answer, mailbox full so can't leave a message. I'm only 35 minutes away so thinking about driving up this afternoon, but also thinking since there's no VIN info it's probably a waste of time. Expecting this delivery will likely be canceled and that they don't even have the car yet. Anybody been there for inquiry in last few days, even to inquire? Imagine it's pure chaos! Thanks...

Update--on about the 30th try got through on the delivery extension (not the manager). They don't have a VIN for me yet, but he said they are getting many truck deliveries throughout each day, mine might be one of them. When the cars are unloaded they get the VIN info and enter into their system and match to buyers, and it should populate on my page at that time. He said I should expect a call (probably from the above referenced Christina) to let me know one way or another. He also mentioned they are delivering something like 200 per day, there's no parking anywhere close by, and everyone there is crazy busy. BUT, he was cordial and courteous, didn't rush me at all (he also mentioned he was on loan from Solar City for the EOQ rush).

When my VIN disappeared my car had been taken by another DES. My guy then stole it back. Contact them directly if you can, or avoid the craziness of this weekend and just get your car in a week or so. Personally, I was ok either way until I had a loan against the VIN, then I became possessive :)

I have no way to contact my DA. I'm planning to go to the delivery center this afternoon to look for the car.

Reactions: S5S5G6
well, in an absolutely SHOCKING turn of events I was just told the delivery appointment is canceled.
I actually called this morning to find out what kind of payment form they require, and was told, oh, it looks like you don't actually have a VIN. Wow I guess we probably won't have a car for you tomorrow.

When I called the central delivery people they said it'll prob be next week (I'll believe that when I'm physically in a Model 3 driving back to my house) but I had already rearranged a ton of stuff for tomorrow to be able to get to Mt. Kisco. Super annoying. Not the end of the world but still.

This really is a terrible system they have devised.
Agreed. It is the bi-polar nature of "you have a car" and "you don't have a car" that is unbearably unprofessional.

Yeah I wouldn’t believe any of the scheduled deliveries from the text. I called the local store and they said there would be no way to get a car tomorrow because I didn’t even have a vin. He just said it would be soon but not this weekend. I don’t really care. Gives me more time to get my crap together.

Reactions: fallen888
Mt. Kisco just called me at 1:27pm for a 3:30pm pickup to cancel me. Good think they got me in time, I have a 6 hour drive there ;).

"Upper management says you probably will get a car in mid-October" -Tesla "Genius" from Mt. Kisco [Christina]
Interesting, they must be thinking they were doing ethical and right thing to let you know to not to start 6 hour drive to delivery center for pick up in 90 minutes.;)

Reactions: forkliter
After dialing every 15 minutes since
We’re also from WI and picking up at Highland Park on 9/29. We have been working with an IDA in Vegas. No direct contact w/ Highland Park since my husband called there 9/19 just to confirm our order was in the system. Will probably try to call HP before we start our 3 hr drive there on Sat. Would hate to get there and find out our car’s not ready.
Update: After calling Highland Park every 15 minutes starting at 8 am, my husband finally got through to someone who was able to confirm that our car is in Chicago and everything looks good for our 2 pm delivery appointment tomorrow! Highland Park is doing 102 deliveries today and 171 tomorrow! Yowza!

Reactions: riverFox and S5S5G6
After dialing every 15 minutes since

Update: After calling Highland Park every 15 minutes starting at 8 am, my husband finally got through to someone who was able to confirm that our car is in Chicago and everything looks good for our 2 pm delivery appointment tomorrow! Highland Park is doing 102 deliveries today and 171 tomorrow! Yowza!

I had a 10am appointment there a few of the deliveries that I heard were for S and X cars, but it looked like more and more Model 3 owners were coming in. There are A LOT of Tesla fanboys/girls there to help out and answer questions about the car, etc. Signed a few pieces of paper and I was out. Maybe 20 minutes and I was driving.

I think Tesla is encouraging people to finance with them. Just before my delivery my account went through a reconfirmation of the delivery information and it was switched to "finance with Tesla" versus the cash that I had set and confirmed weeks earlier. I didn't really look at the option closely but if I remember correctly they guaranteed the best interest rate. You had something like 7 days to find a better rate. So presumably you can finance with the lender of your choice and pay off the Tesla loan. I hope someone who looked at it more closely can confirm.
While that may well be true, and right below pure cash, which absolutely is the best as Tesla takes no risk of being stiffed, in states where Tesla cannot do business, they cannot loan to customers in that state. They, as I was told in July, suggest Alliant Credit Union. They require a final MVPA which will have the VIN on it as one is purchasing that specific car, not some yet to be named future car.

VIN and delivery date removed from my account with delivery this weekend. I got some heart palpitations but when I called everything was A-OK on the back end and he updated my account while on the phone to reflect the information. I hate to think my VIN was floating free the day before delivery with a loan against it and everything.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Where on the site does it show your appointment date/time so I know where to look? Thanks all!
296423961.png

• Informative
Reactions: the_danimal
How will you register and get plated in NY without an insurance card with the VIN on it? When I picked up my last car, last minute on a Saturday afternoon, I had to get a valid insurance card before driving off.
I suspect the reality is it depends on the state. On my "what to bring" section, it said proof of insurance, not show your policy. I'm in CT so even though delivery will be in NY, my insurance and insurance requirements are for CT. They haven't been really clear on what they want, will accept, etc. Under their FAQ they say no personal checks yet people have said they've paid with personal checks. Go figure!

Insurance
Please bring proof of insurance for your current
vehicle to your delivery appointment.

I am a recovering Tesla Account watcher. I used to watch my account incessantly. I try not to do that. However, after getting text a car was on it's way for tomorrow evening, I went into my account to see if a vin was there or MVPA was there. What I found was my trade-in information was gone and "amount owed" had what was trade-in allowance added to it.

Has anyone else noticed things in your account, especially financial stuff, changed out from under you? Particularly, with no external warning the change was made?

UPDATE- after many (and I mean many) calls to Tesla about my VIN that disappeared and subsequent canceled delivery I was able to confirm this- unless you have a VIN your delivery date is meaningless. Tesla started scheduling delivery dates with the hopes they match you to a VIN by the delivery date. As we’ve seen, many times they are unable to make a “match” and the delivery is canceled/rescheduled. Call the service center several days before your delivery and ensure your car is scheduled to arrive. If you assume your delivery is going to take place based on your “appointment” you will likely be disappointed.