Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Filling out info for my brother.
He ordered / configured 7/13/2018 - Red M3 AWD no EAP, 18" aeros black interior, not previous owner.
He is picking up tomorrow, 9/28/18 from St. Louis Tesla VIN 69,5XX
The car is paid for, and St. Louis Tesla confirmed they received the car. Hopefully she is flawless and needs no rework.
Very excited for my brother.
Tesla did 3 calls for me today to take delivery this weekend instead of next weekend - I politely said no. Have in home delivery scheduled for next Saturday, 10/6, - no rush...

Aaaaaand it happened. My Vin disappeared and sure enough when I call I am told my car was "matched to someone closer to it's location" and I will be "contacted to reschedule delivery". &$@!

This is just pathetic and unbelievable. Yet believable because Tesla treats its customers in line for a Model 3 like absolute trash.

Got the following text about 15 minutes ago:

Thank you for confirming your availability. We are unable to schedule your delivery this weekend. We sincerely apologize for this, but will reach out as soon your car becomes available.
I guess that puts an end to the delivery text saga!

My sister who got the text did get a real follow up and a car assigned but it was at like 8pm Friday. She had no way to finalize her loan. They offered her Tesla financing which we were told was unavailable in Michigan previously. She had enough with the games and told them she was unable to take delivery so someone in Chicago is getting the red AWD she passed on.

• Informative
Reactions: S5S5G6
This is just pathetic and unbelievable. Yet believable because Tesla treats its customers in line for a Model 3 like absolute trash.
Totally understand your frustration...I am right there with you with 3 different delivery dates cancelled and ultimately put back on the Sept.-Nov. timeline. However, I think it is harsh to say that globally Tesla treats their Model 3 customers like trash. The people that got their cars over the last two weeks certainly don't feel that way. While I don't like the way I was handled through this push, I understand why it happened. They could not afford to let cars wait around in delivery centers when there were potential customers right there. The time frame was crucial. It is imperative that Tesla show the world that they car produce and deliver Model 3 at volume. Looking back in retrospect now that the push is over for me (with no car in hand) I can come to terms with how I was treated. Through the entire process, although the information I got was not what I wanted to hear, I was always treated with the upmost respect from all Tesla employees I talked and emailed with. Looking at the bigger picture, I was originally set for a September-November delivery. I was ok with that before the push. I am ok with it now. I have no reason to believe that I will not get my car well within that time frame. If this helps Tesla as a company in the long run then I can live with it.

Dan

Picking up my car Sat at 4pm and yes it’s here, w/VIN and MVPA signed. The DES said they have 86 deliveries, which is nuts for this location. So many people are actually getting cars this weekend. I just don’t like that they did this with such a shotgun blast approach in the final week. In no way is this the average Tesla employees fault for misleading customers about a delivery. This was a decision much higher in the food chain. My car was almost a victim of this process as well but my outstanding DES was able to force it back into my account using my loan against the VIN as extra leverage. Not sure why it worked for him while others saw their cars pulled from under them.

Look at the bright side, a car received next week or even later in Oct may be built under a bit less rush and likely delivered in a more respectable way, without the pressures of Q3 profitability looming. I hope they do a better approach in logistics tracking for end of Q4, but then it will be $3500 at stake for the customers too. I wouldn’t doubt that this approach moved more cars into more hands than one with a bit more polish would have, I just hope the bad press and feelings over it aren’t long lasting.

Reactions: fallen888
However, I think it is harsh to say that globally Tesla treats their Model 3 customers like trash. If this helps Tesla as a company in the long run then I can live with it.

Please stop defending and rolling over. This was the most underhanded approach they could take against their customers.

We were all a bunch of pawns played to make sure we had our cash in hand in case they happened to get their *sugar* together and get a car to our SC.
We've all been played. Tesla just thinks we'll keep waiting around and/ or they already have a large chunk of or money, so they can do whatever they like and get to us whenever they get to us.

Before this,
They gace the big F You to reservation holders.
They manipulated the prices several times in a period of a few weeks on items based on demand.

It's just really sad anymore and I've lost so much respect through it all.

Last edited:

Luckily I didn't take the bait. The shadiest part for me was the update on my account saying I need to "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" in the midst of all the hype implying imminent delivery this weekend.

Unfortunately, I did partially get suckered because I did go ahead and buy a full set of ToughPRO rubber floor mats, ONR rinseless wash, CarGuys Super Cleaner, and a few other car accessories in anticipation of my "accelerated" delivery. Ha ha!

Please stop defending and rolling over. This was the most underhanded approach they could take against their customers.

We were all a bunch of pawns played to make sure we had our cash in hand in case they happened to get their *sugar* together and get a car to our SC.
We've all been played. Tesla just thinks we'll keep waiting around and/ or they already have a large chunk of or money, so they can do whatever they like and get to us whenever they get to us.

Before this,
They manipulated the prices several times in a period of a few weeks on items based on demand.

Sorry you feel that way. Many are able to see it with a different perspective but I certainly understand and respect yours.

Dan

Same.

Nice they at least closed us out if it wasn’t going down.
shotgun approach to sales, put everyone on notice, n cars in transit, 3n prospective buyers. The good news is tomorrow is 9/30, end of Q3. Sanity will return. I suspect rather than jamming car sales every 30 mins you'll be told when your car is ready and how long until they sell it to first come, ~7 days.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I’m supposed to take delivery today in Highland Park, IL at 1:30. Got a text last night from HP saying car hadn’t arrived at location yet, but it was still due to come in today. Not sure what that means as far as delivery today. Rumor is there are 171 deliveries in HP today. That seems like a lot. I do know I’m close and it’s just a matter of time and I guess no matter what happens today I will have my M3 soon. We are the pioneers that have taught Tesla what they need to do to be a grown up car company. Every Tesla Model 3 owner going forward will benefit from all the sh** we went through......

I’m supposed to take delivery today in Highland Park, IL at 1:30. Got a text last night from HP saying car hadn’t arrived at location yet, but it was still due to come in today. Not sure what that means as far as delivery today. Rumor is there are 171 deliveries in HP today. That seems like a lot. I do know I’m close and it’s just a matter of time and I guess no matter what happens today I will have my M3 soon. We are the pioneers that have taught Tesla what they need to do to be a grown up car company. Every Tesla Model 3 owner going forward will benefit from all the sh** we went through......
That's very optimistic! I fear the popularity of the LR M3 took them completely by surprise, volume and patience wise. Next they have even greater volume and greater impatience of reservation holders. The question is, will they pre-plan accordingly.

Before this,

Many ppl won't remember this but early in this century Alan Greenspan said of the .com explosion on Wall Street it was irrational exuberance.My sense is there is some of that going on here. Point being I suspect to many the blush has left the rose. And that's ok! At what point is the prestige of having a $60,000 car offset by the debt undertaken to have it and the aggrevation of getting it? That's not something that'll play out here, rather in each person's quiet time.