Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

6,000 posts. We have problems....

On hold with Tesla — been about 25 minutes now. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday but no VIN. I’m not expecting it to happen but want to see if I can use it as a means to get them to take notice. We’ll see if it works.

Like I said earlier, I’m willing to play games too.

UPDATE: Didn’t get much help. Just said it’s not uncommon to sometimes get matched and receive a VIN on the day of the appointment. Guess I’ll get my cashiers check tomorrow and clean out my trade-in just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
On hold with Tesla — been about 25 minutes now. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday but no VIN. I’m not expecting it to happen but want to see if I can use it as a means to get them to take notice. We’ll see if it works.

Like I said earlier, I’m willing to play games too.

UPDATE: Didn’t get much help. Just said it’s not uncommon to sometimes get matched and receive a VIN on the day of the appointment. Guess I’ll get my cashiers check tomorrow and clean out my trade-in just to be on the safe side.
Good luck Dan..fingers crossed!

Ive had 2 different VINs assigned, as of today the 2nd has been removed and my 4th schedule datetime is now gone. Back to the generic Sept - Nov timeframe, no VIN. Are others getting this many different schedule dates and VINs only to get nothing? Hurts getting excited and cancelling other plans in anticipation. Glad i haven't ACH'd payment yet.

Just a white AWD, black interior, aero wheels, FSD with cash + no trade-in in Indiana. Would think that be easy. Our service center doing so many deliveries.

Reserved 8/29/2016, ordered 7/29/2018

Must stay patient...

Last edited:
Ive had 2 different VINs assigned, as of today the 2nd has been removed and my 4th schedule datetime is now gone. Back to the generic Sept - Nov timeframe, no VIN. Are others getting this many different schedule dates and VINs only to get nothing? Hurts getting excited and cancelling other plans in anticipation. Glad i haven't ACH'd payment yet.

Just a white AWD, black interior, aero wheels, FSD with cash + no trade-in in Indiana. Would think that be easy. Our service center doing so many deliveries.

Reserved 8/29/2016, ordered 7/29/2019

Must stay patient...

I knew time travel was possible!

Reserved 8/29/2016, ordered 7/29/2019

Must stay patient...

I’m wondering how long my Tesla-provided rate is good for... anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Just had my 4th re-schedule cancelled. Tesla called and said Bellevue, WA is closed tomorrow (on a Monday). When I asked why she said because they worked so hard this weekend and need a day off. /sigh

6 total appointments now, next one on 10/4. Wondering if I can get a special prize if I get to double digits.

I wonder if everyone is off. My contact rep on the delivery team at headquarters is off too.

Is there any reason why Tesla couldn’t e-sign everything? Not sure if there are laws against it but maybe that would help with speeding up deliveries. When I took drivers of my car I just had to sign two DMV documents, was definitely easier than signing paperwork at a dealership.

Reactions: KeyFobsRule
I’m wondering how long my Tesla-provided rate is good for... anyone have any ideas?
Believe it’s 30days, but I don’t have any documented reason why I feel that way.

Good news - if there is ANYONE at Tesla that doesn’t mess around - it’s the finance folks*.
Got approved in <20min and when I needed to make changes I had a reply within the hour.
So I’d imagine if you need to extend a rate they’ll make it happen fast.

(Now if they could just - get me like...a VIN like that, I’d be pumped)

Good luck with your Tuesday!!!

Typically 30 days for a car loan. It's not a Tesla rule, it's a common bank/lender rule. They do a hard pull off your credit via credit bureaus and based on that lock in your rate for 30 days. It's only 30 days because your credit score can change from month to month. Actually, it could change from day to day, but lenders give you the benefit of the doubt.

Tesla Fremont Delivery Center Sunday 9/30 at 6:45pm PT.

Streamable - free video publishing

Cool, maybe even busier than last Sunday when we were there. The reports of deliveries at centers and at homes is quite impressive. These guys do deserve a day off after this what 2-3 week push; and so hope all their efforts take Tesla over the top and into a very profitable quarter. The first of many. Loved seeing tweets, etc from around the country and love the guest volunteers included in photos as well.

Between cars "lost" in transit and arriving late, to a few reports on here of damaged cars (my husband still can't understand how someone could back up a car into another one with the backup camera there), to people unable to make a delivery date and needing to schedule further out and thereby relinquishing that car, to people refusing delivery of the car an needing another car or those willing to substitute a similar car when their's doesn't show up in time, I can see what a mess trying to schedule things would be. Then factor in calling, texting or emailing people for scheduling or advancing to the next ordering step, handled by another person in another part of the company and then getting to the delivery with contracts, prepping the car, meeting with the customer, going over aspects of the car until they drive off...well I don't think until getting our Model 3 that I ever really considered all the steps along the way that need to be handled until it reached us, the new owner.

BTW today while out for brunch we saw two empty car carriers heading northbound on Hwy 101 heading towards San Jose and wondered if they had dropped off Teslas and were on their way to pick up more. I think the car carrier business must be having a good month.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden