Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it mean anything when your next steps page changes to this:

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, the registered owner must also be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

Your driver's license (for all registrants)
Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)
No, mine's been like that for what feels like over a month now. Truth be told it may be only a couple of weeks but feels like a month. It's better to be in that state than the prior. Mine was in that state when they deleted my trade-in. It has since been restored but had the MVPA drawn up in that state, much less, delivery been scheduled, there would have been a show-stopper.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Does it mean anything when your next steps page changes to this:

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, the registered owner must also be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

Your driver's license (for all registrants)
Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)

Heh, mine said that once then bounced back.
So yeah it means something, but not sure what. :)

Just the trade-in part left. How long does this take typically?
Screenshot_20180930-125356.png

Just the trade-in part left. How long does this take typically?
View attachment 339419
That's a really valid question and I doubt you'll like the answer any more than I did. I was told it could take weeks and to 'go to CarMax and send in their quote, we'll match that'. My CarMax quote was about $1000 lower than what KBB said trade-in value was. Tesla told me they go straight to auction whereas a trade-in on a Ford or Chevy is, in part, a little off the commission on the sale... It's a "feel-good" Tesla doesn't do commissions. For states where there is sales tax on new car sales a trade-in vs cash differential favors trade-in unless cash sale of existing car is around $1,000 more than CarMax quote. That I worked out to be the break-even and doesn't take into account convenience and time and probability of success and not best offer would be what CarMax quote was. Given we're talking about, essentially the same new car you could go to KBB and, regardless of condition, put in your existing car is in 'good' condition (assuming it's at least that). and for me, that lined up perfectly with the CarMax quote. Once Tesla receives that, they will update your status page accordingly and you can progress to the next level.

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888
When are you assigned a DA? Im a bit confused
Mine was assigned when a car was enroute to me. He has sought of backed out though and told me they instituted a new procedure where a special team was assembled to match cars to orders. It's not clear to me a DA does anything customer facing now. That was right before the raft of SMS texts about deliveries and my availability to be at a designated time slot on a designated day. Now that Q3 is hours from ending, I have no clue what the procedure tomorrow will bring.

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888
Took delivery today at Rocklin SC. Car is perfect to my eye. I’m not as picky as some I don’t think. They did it as someone else mentioned at a different site than the actual SC. It was a repurposed Solar City office. Checked in about 40 min early and I went out to look for my car. They were detailing it as I watched (overnight dew), about 5 min later rep comes by and says that your car? Yup, “I’ve got your paperwork”. Took about 15 min to sign, then a delivery guy went over the car, hooked up the phone. I really had no other questions since I own an S. Drove off. Definite a different feel than our S, sportier feeling, tighter steering. Rides a little stiffer but we have air in the S. Overall they get an A at Rocklin. Got the tint/clear bra scheduled this week. Probably not checking in here as much going forward (multiple times daily), thanks to all the helpful posts. Hope you all get your cars soon! VIN 1052xx built in Sept

Took delivery today at Rocklin SC. Car is perfect to my eye. I’m not as picky as some I don’t think. They did it as someone else mentioned at a different site than the actual SC. It was a repurposed Solar City office. Checked in about 40 min early and I went out to look for my car. They were detailing it as I watched (overnight dew), about 5 min later rep comes by and says that your car? Yup, “I’ve got your paperwork”. Took about 15 min to sign, then a delivery guy went over the car, hooked up the phone. I really had no other questions since I own an S. Drove off. Definite a different feel than our S, sportier feeling, tighter steering. Rides a little stiffer but we have air in the S. Overall they get an A at Rocklin. Got the tint/clear bra scheduled this week. Probably not checking in here as much going forward (multiple times daily), thanks to all the helpful posts. Hope you all get your cars soon! VIN 1052xx built in Sept

When did you order

After almost a year and a half of waiting, and some high anxiety moments along the way, I finally received my model 3 via home delivery last night. Already put 50 miles on it since then. I've never driven an EV before, so it does take some time getting used to..mainly the punchy acceleration. Also have some minor pet peeves, but there are some workarounds available.

For those who havent received there vehicles yet, good luck and keep the faith!

That's a really valid question and I doubt you'll like the answer any more than I did. I was told it could take weeks and to 'go to CarMax and send in their quote, we'll match that'. My CarMax quote was about $1000 lower than what KBB said trade-in value was. Tesla told me they go straight to auction whereas a trade-in on a Ford or Chevy is, in part, a little off the commission on the sale... It's a "feel-good" Tesla doesn't do commissions. For states where there is sales tax on new car sales a trade-in vs cash differential favors trade-in unless cash sale of existing car is around $1,000 more than CarMax quote. That I worked out to be the break-even and doesn't take into account convenience and time and probability of success and not best offer would be what CarMax quote was. Given we're talking about, essentially the same new car you could go to KBB and, regardless of condition, put in your existing car is in 'good' condition (assuming it's at least that). and for me, that lined up perfectly with the CarMax quote. Once Tesla receives that, they will update your status page accordingly and you can progress to the next level.
Mine was completed within 2 hours after submission of the relevant documentation.

Mine was completed within 2 hours after submission of the relevant documentation.
That's weird, disappointing...well, good for you though. I sent in the CarMax as I was under the impression, from texts and assignment of DA, my delivery was immanent so I, reluctantly sent it in. I never did hear what Tesla would have offered me. But he did say they just sell them to an car auction house. I would have thought they'd sell them to CarMax or Carvana for what they gave. Of course that argues for a low trade-in as there is no commission to use as offset.

It's been real Rob, take care! I suspect I won't be on here after my delivery. This has been good for a feel of 'what are those people doing now'? They are clearly dealing with later 2017 reservations. I give it two weeks max. But, I've been wrong before.

VIN was restored sometime this morning, but has changed to 098,xxx (was 104,xxx).
Later this afternoon, I received an email notification to sign for the serialized MVPA. Done.

... final stretch.
A turn for the worse.

Just received call from Tesla that delivery will not happen tomorrow (Monday). Instead it will be Thursday at the earliest. Emphasis on the earliest by the advisor.

Yikes!?

Well, I’m happy to report that I’m typing this while sitting at my first supercharger in my new M3D!

I’m 200+ miles from my delivery center, and as of yesterday afternoon, still had no vin assigned. At the advice of a delivery agent, I decided to no longer trade in my current vehicle and just sell at CarMax to increase my odds of being matched. Yesterday afternoon, I had to take a 6-hour Amtrak train, then a 30 minute Uber to a hotel for the night.

I had an 11:30 appointment at Mt Kisco and was planning to arrive about 20 mins early. Literally as my Uber was pulling up to the hotel to take me to the SC, I get a call from Dan at the SC telling me that they are very sorry, but they just found out my car isn’t there. Ugh! 25 mins before my appointment...seriously?!?! I told the guy that I took a long train ride, spent the night and was IN my Uber on the way there. He put me on hold, then said that they would try to rectify it.

The SC was crowded, but not a mob scene. After checking in and waiting about 10 mins, Dan found me and said that they just got a new truck that happened to have a car with my configuration! They needed to prep it, so I had to come back at 1:30. I got lunch nearby and returned to a much more crowded scene. About 3:00, I finally was able to complete my paperwork and get my car.

Love love love it so far! So worth the wait and I’m very glad I didn’t spring for the P... this thing is FAST... I’m coming from a ‘16 Macan S and my spouse drives an ‘18 Panamera 4S. This feels faster than the Panny, even though 0-60 is supposedly a few tenths slower.