Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black and AWD option only
Think about adding Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP) to the order if you can afford it. Less expensive than to order it later.

FIrst, it's very useful in heavy traffic and long trips, even before the improvements with v9.

Second, you'll get a lot back in resale value.

Two big steps in AutoPilot this year - March and September/October. Beginning to wonder if I should have added Full Self Drive to our cars' original configuration.

Financing just expired last Sunday and news from my IDA after several attempts to reach him over 2 weeks. Called the delivery number today and spoke to a very kind rep who reported a VIN had been assigned but she didn’t know when. Why didn’t my IDA contact me? She set me up with another IDA to try and help me out. Working on getting the MVPA to me this week so I can submit it to my bank.

Lender reports loan application is still active and to submit the MVPA ASAP. He will try to push it through under the original terms. New IDA provides me the VIN, scheduled me for pickup in Atlanta for the 20th, reports car is expected to arrive the 19th. Crossing fingers this time around but not holding my breath. My original IDA has proven to be useless when it came to communicating :(

Reactions: Spudford
Got my plates in the mail today! This makes it an official car and processing seems fast for California. Although the DA at the Tesla Delivery Center said to give it 3 weeks and I put a reminder on my calendar to check on them tomorrow. So guess pretty much on schedule. Delivery on 9/23, issued 10/08.

BTW once you get your registration, look into any State, utility (PG&E in my area) or HOV filings you may want to do.

Last edited:
Awesome news about the hard deadline for orders to qualify!

Can only afford AWD for now. Figure I or next owner can always turn on AP later. Adding second motor is not OTA so that was my thinking.

Think about adding Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP) to the order if you can afford it. Less expensive than to order it later.

FIrst, it's very useful in heavy traffic and long trips, even before the improvements with v9.

Second, you'll get a lot back in resale value.

Two big steps in AutoPilot this year - March and September/October. Beginning to wonder if I should have added Full Self Drive to our cars' original configuration.

Reactions: fallen888
Yeah customer service has been 1000x better since the end of the quarter--
As instructed I called Mt. Kisco again today to get an update on delivery -- car supposed to get there 10/22 or 10/23 - I will prob take delivery 10/24 if it's ready, otherwise 10/28. Starting to feel a little bit real.

Reactions: riverFox
My account updated today with the VIN and MVPA. I haven't received the email yet to sign the MVPA.

It appears this is really happening this time:)
If you are financing through a third party you can go ahead and send it to them so they can take care of what they need on their end. I e-signed my credit union's paperwork prior to delivery but didn't sign anything from Tesla until I was on site to take delivery. It took less than 5 minutes.

Dan

Got my VIN today and heard from my DA. I was very close to switching to RWD a couple of days ago. Went to the Tesla store on Wednesday but they didn't have a RWD available for a test drive. The plan was to get one today (Friday) for an overnight test drive. We even looked at what was available in Atlanta (all RWD or performance).

Thursday I lost the edit link and was able to start my trade-in evaluation. Today the person we worked with at the store called to confirm that I didn't need that test drive now. She gave me my VIN number and confirmed that the car was in Fremont preparing for transportation. Later today I got a text from my DA, Matt. I sent him a pic of my title.

Now I just need a trade-in value and for train transportation speeds to increase exponentially over the next couple of days.

After starting to get frustrated, things seem to moving really fast.

Ordered on 7/29 w/ no reservation. AWD, MSM, 19", black interior, EAP, 116,7xx VIN.

Finally, almost at the final waiting stage. Once all is said & done before delivery, I received an MVPA via email for docusign signature. That copy is with Tesla and Myself. My Credit Union also released the Check and sent overnight to Tesla referencing my DA in Nevada. VIN Appeared on my account on 11th, 7days before my delivery on 18th. One thing I wanted to mention is neither my DA nor my ISA are replying to my calls or emails to confirm if they received finance check and if the car is in dallas. Strange, they were giving me super fast replies previous to all things completion on my account. But my DA mentioned that she would need photo of the check and fedex tracking, which I did send her but have received no response whatsover since past 4-5 days. I guess I'll call in the main number. Anyone has any other recommendations? I just dont want any issues to arise because Texas has its own regulations towards Tesla :/ and all is said and done from my end.