Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@reymin @neptunesfinest I just called the hotline and he said everything is in order...just waiting. :(

Hope you hear good news soon. It may have been a coincidence, but after reading a few forum comments I did the same and finally called the hotline. I was told that there was no VIN yet, but I should know by the end of October. The very next day I got a call from the service center (as far as I can tell I don't have a formal DA anymore...crickets on that end) and was scheduled a pick up appointment. Later that day the MVPA showed up including a VIN. A week later I got the e-version to sign. Perhaps you will find the same results.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
Finally, some good news. My delivery date is scheduled for the 31st but having had a vin for 10 days now i decided to call up Mt. Kisco. They told me my delivery is scheduled for the 23rd and that the car is due to arrive there the 22nd. So things seems to be moving along. This will be my third delivery date.
I am wondering how did you manage to talk to anyone at Mt. Kisco. I have called them 5-6 times in last 5 weeks for all of my past 3 failed delivery appointments, all the time no one answered in new vehicle delivery group and sales would just take my phone number saying they will have someone from delivery call me back. I think it's their way to get me off the phone...
I am wondering if you have any trick that I can use to talk to someone who can check the status of my vehicle too...:)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
For those that are still here that have done this, i seem to remember people mentioning that they had someone ping their car to see its exact location. Who did you have do that? No one i talk to seems to be able to do that. My IDA says my car left Richmond, CA Saturday and will be in Stl by Thursday. But it was in transit to the facility a week before that so i am doubtful of this information. Especially since i am supposed to have delivery on Friday and originally it was supposed to in Stl on today.

For those that are still here that have done this, i seem to remember people mentioning that they had someone ping their car to see its exact location. Who did you have do that? No one i talk to seems to be able to do that. My IDA says my car left Richmond, CA Saturday and will be in Stl by Thursday. But it was in transit to the facility a week before that so i am doubtful of this information. Especially since i am supposed to have delivery on Friday and originally it was supposed to in Stl on today.
I have always gotten great answers from my delivery center. They can track and estimate arrival. Of course, I have been delayed 4 times and yet to get my car, but at least when I called them they told me the truth. Unlike my IDAs

• Informative
That would be the delivery center folks, the first time I asked them to wake my car up and locate it, they put me on hold for a long time and then referred me back to my IDA. thats when i found out my car hadnt even been built yet, this was after my first failed appt.

• Informative
I am wondering how did you manage to talk to anyone at Mt. Kisco. I have called them 5-6 times in last 5 weeks for all of my past 3 failed delivery appointments, all the time no one answered in new vehicle delivery group and sales would just take my phone number saying they will have someone from delivery call me back. I think it's their way to get me off the phone...
I am wondering if you have any trick that I can use to talk to someone who can check the status of my vehicle too...:)

Really? I called them twice. Once before my 10/5 Delivery which I had no vin and they told me there was no car for me. And this time got through right away as well. I also stopped but there a few weeks ago before my 10/5 delivery date but that was before the EOQ rush and people there were just clueless. Seems like they had hired a bunch of people just for the rush. Whenever I call the new delivery option at Mt. Kisco though I get right through. I think I'm going to stop by on the 22nd (live 10 min away) to see if car is there. Maybe even on the 21st

When I called Mt Kisco before taking delivery of my car, I just got voice mail for the new vehicle delivery, so I called and chose to be connected to sales. They answered right away and were very helpful :)

Hope you hear good news soon. It may have been a coincidence, but after reading a few forum comments I did the same and finally called the hotline. I was told that there was no VIN yet, but I should know by the end of October. The very next day I got a call from the service center (as far as I can tell I don't have a formal DA anymore...crickets on that end) and was scheduled a pick up appointment. Later that day the MVPA showed up including a VIN. A week later I got the e-version to sign. Perhaps you will find the same results.

Curious about the e-version of the MVPA. Did you (or anyone else who has been through this) e-sign in advance or wait until your delivery? I’m a bit hesitant to sign anything until I actually put my eyes on the car and my butt in the seat!

Curious about the e-version of the MVPA. Did you (or anyone else who has been through this) e-sign in advance or wait until your delivery? I’m a bit hesitant to sign anything until I actually put my eyes on the car and my butt in the seat!

How do you e-sign it? I see the MVPA link and I can download the PFD. But I don't see a way to sign it (short of printing it out).

I hadn't heard anything since last Wednesday when I was told my car was moving east. I sent a text to my IDA yesterday asking if there was any news and followed that up with a text this morning asking about my final payment window not being open on the site to pay the amount I wasn't financing...

A couple hours thereafter I got a call from a Minnesota number which I promptly stepped out of the meeting I was in and took, it was Tesla Eden Prairie calling to say the car had just arrived and was going through inspection. Setup for delivery Thursday afternoon!

Mentioned the payment portal not being open, it's open now, and final MVPA (Tesla signed) is now in My Tesla page. They said they'd call if there were any issues in inspection but it looked 'very clean'.

So, hopefully I'll be finishing this leg of the journey and starting the next part Thursday!

That would be the delivery center folks, the first time I asked them to wake my car up and locate it, they put me on hold for a long time and then referred me back to my IDA. thats when i found out my car hadnt even been built yet, this was after my first failed appt.

Thanks. I’m also coming from a 16 WRX. Im going to miss it but super stoked to get the 3.

I called local store and said i was concerned that my ida said my car left California on Saturday and I schedule for Friday. He said he would be too and while he was explaining that the driver that dropped off cars this morning was headed back fo Chicago and then said he found it on the ground in Chicago and that it should be in stl tomorrow.

Reactions: austinmichaeld

How do you e-sign it? I see the MVPA link and I can download the PFD. But I don't see a way to sign it (short of printing it out).

I signed it because it is the contract to buy the car. Perhaps that was premature as if there is a real problem with the car...but oh well. I have a 180 mile drive to go pick it up so I wanted to expedite. I'm taking a draft from my credit union/doing an ACH for the balance to actually pay for it.

In any case, I have enough faith that the car will be right/correctable and otherwise considered 'deliverable'. Even with a VIN assigned there is expectation of an appropriate quality product. In retrospect I suppose if the car was ruined in transport or otherwise undeliverable it would negate the MVPA, which is a lot different than the same VIN being diverted to another customer.

To sign it, I was emailed a final PDF (which I DID compare to the online one in my account) with e-signature enabled. That I have a copy of downloaded and in my email. Supposedly with update on my account eventually.