Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow and I get the call from the SC

SC: "How are you doing today?"
Me: "That depends on what you're about to tell me."
SC: laughs "We have your car and confirming delivery for tomorrow"
Me: "Hell, YES!"
SC: "I see you're doing 3rd party financing. Do you have your check (s)?"
Me:. "I've had my checks ready since late September when my original delivery was supposed to happen. I could come get it today if that was an option."
SC: "Sure, when do you want to come in"

It's happening today at 5:00PM!

Oh man, it's happening

I'm excited for you! I get mine back from the detailer on Saturday. I'm in withdrawals having to drive an old pickup for a week. LOL!

What time is your delivery Sunday?

Dan

Scheduled for a 4pm delivery Sunday, which means I’ll probably show up by 3pm. :)

Going to call Alpharetta tomorrow just to verify they have the car and make sure everything is still on.

My pickup is tomorrow, I have yet to hear from my delivery adviser who hasn’t contacted me since last week. I just want to make sure the car is actually there, should I call her or call the Tesla location where the pickup is at?
My delivery is in less than 48 hours. Received an email this morning confirming the date/time. But I had not heard back either. Called into the delivery line and they advised the vehicle will not arrive till mid next week and I will need to reschedule. So definitely call them till you can get a straight answer. Left a voicemail for my IDA to reach out to discuss finalizing all paperwork. Not holding my breath she will respond.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
As for the phone, I guess I assumed the car wouldn’t require me to wake it up first. If you’re aware of a setting that extends its length of time prior to going to sleep, I’d love to know how. As a commuter car, vampire drain is less a concern for me.
Virtually 100% success with iPhone (8+) as key. The 3 is my wife's car, she stopped complaining after adopting these guidelines:

1. Tesla app always open.

2. Ensure the Tesla app is showing the 3 you want to drive. In cases where your Tesla app manages more than one Tesla product.

3. iPhone between you and the car. Your body is reasonably effective at blocking the iPhone-Model 3 connection.
- Not in a back pocket.
- Not in a purse or backpack behind your back.

I only have problems when the Tesla app on the iPhone in my front pocket has our Model S selected.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
I'll be making that PHL-BOS roundtrip soon (I'm actually across the river in NJ). My sister is in Boston, I told her I would visit as soon as I get my M3. :rolleyes:

Curious: where did you supercharge along the way?
If you take Route 15 (Hutchinson...) Tesla Nav will likely select the Greenwich Supercharger, just as you enter Connecticut. Only 4 stalls, I've started out sharing once or twice.

If you take I-95, Tesal Nav will likely select the Darien Supercharger in the Connecticut Welcome Plaza.

If you have a fair amount of range left and decide to skip those options, you can use one near Hartford. Those are off the highway, but have more dining options. I suggest following Tesla Nav suggestions for your first trip. Once you know your typical burn rate and range, you'll be more comfortable with different options.

I've gone as far as the Supercharger near the I-84/Mass Pike junction before recharging. That one is in a mall parking lot, we always arrive too late to enjoy the amenities.

If you take I-84 from NY, I recommend the Danbury, CT Supercharger. Next to the highway in Danbury Fair Mall. Decent food court, and a carousel if you have children.

PlugShare shows lots of charging opportunities in the Boston area. If you don't have easy access to a dryer plug or similar at your sister's, I suggest knowing your options before you leave home. Many non-Tesla chargers require membership in a network.

Places I've charged:

- Charles Hotel parking garage in Harvard Square. Moderately expensive, free access to the charger. When I was there an electric Smart car was plugged in, didn't seem to be actively charging. Unplugged the car, plugged into mine. When I left, reconnected the cable to the Smart car.

- ChargePoint chargers in an office park a block or two from our hotel in Waltham. No cost, though ChargePoint registration and online check-in required. Checked into our hotel, carried our bags to our room. I drove the car to the charger, plugged in and walked back. By morning we had our target charge.

- ChargePoint charger on Brandeis campus. Had to pay, but wanted to top up for trip home.

- 120 Volt outlet at a friend's house in Newton. Got to 90% by the second day. We did burn some KWhours during a spirited demo ride on Route 128. Nearly the same route as when my friend let me drive his first BMW many years ago.

- Tesla Dedham when there were no options near our hotel a few exits up 128. Some interesting options nearby. Don't stray too far, you might get idle charges if your car stays connected too long after charge completes.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt
Going to call Alpharetta tomorrow just to verify they have the car and make sure everything is still on.
If you could live with a Friday delivery, try calling the site ASAP. If your car's ready they would probably prefer a Friday delivery. Most people can cope with receiving their car two days sooner.

When I called on a Thursday to confirm Saturday evening delivery, they told me our car was onsite and ready. I asked if I could get it earlier, we settled on Friday afternoon. Better for everyone.

You still will want to reach out and follow up if you don't hear anything. I think I waited too long to do it. Their system didn't register any of the options even though I clicked all the buttons on my end. Their operation for the whole delivery, including finalizing the order really seems to massively suck.

Good advice. I called this afternoon. Told I have VIN, car in transit and that they would call me tomorrow morning with scheduling info.

AWD, Black, Black Interior, Aeros, EAP
No reservation, No trade in, Order 2018-07-31, Edit gone 2018-10-18
Rockville, MD

• Love
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
I ordered on June 27th. I can't even get them to talk to me, let alone schedule a delivery. WTF is going on with this company! I repeatedly reached out to them, radio silence to this day. Others here just ordered and are already getting delivery? :mad:

So after much consternation, b*tching and moaning on this forum, I just got a Text from my Delivery Adviser that my car has already finished production and want to confirm delivery to my house....

I am almost numb...

....am I awake...

...is this just a dream...

..this can't be happening...

Just saw that the "Make Payment" option opened up on my tesla account. The order agreement was not updated and still was showing the original one from when I configured. I called the IDA and he pinged the car and told me that the car is now in Baltimore and will reach Tysons Corner on 23rd. I could probably be talking delivery on 25th if there are no damages while in transit. My IDA also emailed me the updated MVPA which shows the VIN number assigned to me.