Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales person at Devon, PA center told me I could even have my own referral code applied to my Model 3 order. :eek: I had no idea that was even an option! Have any previous owners successfully done that?
I tried several times to use my own referral code without success, but with an email trail dating to the day after I configured and ordered. Devon staff finally got my friend’s referral code on the order just before I sat down for delivery.

Staff there is great. My OA also straightened out my friend’s delivery address for the HPWC he earned on my first purchase Nov 2017.

This week my friend said my HPWC should be shipping soon.

@NickFie yeah, I had zero evidence of a referral code submission at time of order. I didn't bother with it because there were no incentives for non-P models before. The sales lady that got my hopes up was very nice, but had no control over actually getting a referral code applied to my order. The guy at delivery who was handling all the paperwork was a bit of a dick, and said there's no way to apply one now (not my code, not anyone else's). I'm sure he could have done it if he really wanted to. Oh well, no free supercharging for a year for my wife's car. At least my S has it for life.

Order: 7/14/2018

Delivery scheduled for 10/29/18

VIN: 94,XXX (seems low compared to some recent deliveries. Shouldn't it be in the 110,XXX range?)

I'm waiting for delivery on a 94,XXX. Car was pinged in Chicago at the end of last week (I was near the SC and stopped in--a 2.5+ hr drive so not done causally). The VIN was assigned 9 OCT, and supposedly on pace to pick up 30 OCT (was pinged and planned delivery to the service center in VA on 29 OCT. Will have to pass the state inspection and then be prepped so fingers crossed). In any case the numbers aren't sequential and with recent-ish chatter (around the time I got my VIN) there were 90s-110 being talked about. I might wonder if it was a 60K or something, but not 90K+. In any case I'll be checking the manufacture date when I do my pick up.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt and gavine
@Braindrainer I was excited about the 1k drop until I looked at my account this morning. The price actually went up 1k from 59k to 60k. I'm scratching my head at that one. I believe what might have happened is the prices (for paint and such) that I was grandfathered into may have been knocked out by the price change?

I messaged my IDA about it...probably won't get it sorted until the purchase agreement is sent. :X

I’ve been away from this thread for weeks getting married. Not reading this thread was good for my health. Was prepared to turn my attention back to inquiring and complaining with Tesla. But on Monday my DA texted with a delivery date. And yesterday my account was updated to show the VIN.

Reserved 8/3/17
Ordered 6/30/18
Was (finally) contacted 10/22/18 to schedule delivery
VIN appeared 10/23/18
Delivery is scheduled for 11/19
VIN is 114XXX
Metallic Silver
AWD
Black interior
aeros
No software
Delivery location is Tyson’s Virginia (originally they had me acheduled for home delivery, but I asked for Tyson’s so they set it there for the same date and time)

Reactions: abasile
Took delivery of an AWD midnight silver metallic with sport wheels this past Sunday. Ordered mid August and was part of the false alarm text fiasco at the end of September. Delivery process was as smooth as could be. They called Saturday and I scheduled for pick up the next day. Only disappointment was with the quick turnaround, the detail team wasn’t in to get the car detailed like you’d expect for a new car purchase. But overall just happy to have the car as it is absolutely incredible and worth the wait.

Also, I had only test drove the RWD prior. I definitely noticed a difference between the two and glad I have the AWD

still waiting for VIN
Res: 4/2/2016
Order: 6/28/2018

:(

Just pick up my plates this morning, thought of your avatar!

Attachments

• 1point21.jpg
    1point21.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 51
Same thing happened to me. Originally scheduled for 11/3, then told my car would get there on the 29th, then 30th, and now it was supposed to be there yesterday, but missed it and now will "for sure" be there on 10/25. My delivery is now set for 10/26... we'll see if it sticks. I really hope it does lol I'm super excited.

Called my service center today and they told me that the delivery date for my car has been delayed until 11/19. This is getting really annoying as I was originally assigned a VIN on 10/3 and a request to move it to my local SC was put in on the same day. I was told that it would be at my SC by 10/22, but that clearly did not happen.

Pretty annoyed and not sure what to do at this point or who to complain to. Sent another email to my IDA, but I doubt he'll be able to do anything unless he can match me to a new car that's closer to me. Delivery hell sucks.

Edit: Also, just logged into my account and noticed my VIN and delivery appointment are gone. Really annoyed at this point.

Edit 2: Called Tesla and apparently I do still have a VIN, but now the delivery estimate has gone up AGAIN to 11/20. Ugh...

Last edited:
still waiting for VIN
Res: 4/2/2016
Order: 6/28/2018

:(

Dude, that’s crazy. If you aren’t doing so already, I would suggest calling the delivery hotline at the mothership every day and asking for someone to escalate your case. You and a few others must be the last pre-July orders left without a VIN and delivery scheduled. As always, I’ll recommend being polite (even though that’s difficult) and persistent. Good luck, I really hope they can get your order unstuck and moving quickly.

Oh, and on a completely different topic, this thread has finally reached one of my most favorite page numbers! :)

ordered LR AWD on 10/15. Called to change to white interior on 10/19. Told today by dealer that VIN was issued on 10/18 but then adjusted to the white interior. will have to wait and see when shows up and when. No call with the actual VIN but the dealer said it exists. Said delivery within 30 days.
We had called him about a random question and he informed us of the VIN.
Who usually reaches out to tell you a delivery date?
Sounds so quick compared to many others so cautiously optimistic.