Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm two weeks from delivery. Have a VIN on my MVPA contract, not showing on Tesla.com anywhere else. Either way, I want to switch to financing via Tesla, as well as get an estimate on a trade-in, but I can't get a response from my DA, and no phone number to contact her. Any advice as to who to call? The main Tesla help number isn't very helpful...TIA

I’m confused as I’ve never seen an edit button on my account page on the Tesla web site. I ordered on 10/12, and was contacted today via phone that my car has a VIN and is getting on a train today to head east. I was thinking I’d have to pick up in Mt. Kisco, but apparently they are now required to do home delivery for anyone in N.H. When the advisor figured out that I’m in N.H., he said he needs to connect me to a home delivery advisor....so waiting for that call. Delivery sounds around 11/18 hopefully.

If you are all cash, that may be reason. I ordered end of July, never an edit button.

Home delivery this Sunday 10/28, vin 115xxx. White awd, 18".

10/14 order
10/21 schedule delivery
10/19 cancel and reorder for 1k price drop
10/24 another 1k price drop this time adjusted to current order.

So Cal, working with Buena Park and Costa Mesa.

I'm two weeks from delivery. Have a VIN on my MVPA contract, not showing on Tesla.com anywhere else. Either way, I want to switch to financing via Tesla, as well as get an estimate on a trade-in, but I can't get a response from my DA, and no phone number to contact her. Any advice as to who to call? The main Tesla help number isn't very helpful...TIA
Call your local service center!

Great News - my delivery date moved from 11/1 up to 10/25 and a bunch of days in between that. The car is parked nicely in the garage now. The process was quick and simple, played in the car for 40 minutes on the SuperCharger, just to make sure I got that last $6 out of my purchase, and could drive it all day.

Car came with 2018.32.7, and according to TeslaFi, there is only 1 other car with that firmware. The cars VIN is 114,1XX and mfg in 10/18. I have 2 very small items in the paint, and the drivers headlights lip is out over the bumper and not inset. We will get those items taken care of.

I again pushed for my referral 6 Month free supercharging. I have no idea how to tell if it has been applied, other than heading out to the closest SuperCharger - 29 miles away. Unlike my friends car, mine doesn't show a $ dollar amount for SuperCharging like his did. So maybe it took.

Thanks for all your help....

Don't you also get $100 credit along with 6 months free charging?

Today my ticket got punched!
Verbally placed order with Tesla Sales staff, here in Portland, on Tuesday October 16th, finished the online submission on the 18th.

Got the email from Tesla mothership at noon today, and my account was updated with a delivery date for next Saturday Nov 3rd. No VIN was posted, but emailed back and they had it. So now it's lock and load time.

Compared to my 2013, this car is so 2.0

Note, this is my second Tesla baby, and each time it's just as exciting!!!!

Yeah I’m confused. Ordered 6/30. My price was/is:

M3 $35k
LR AWD $18k
Metallic silver $1k
Destination/doc $1k
Total $55k

That’s what it still shows on my account page.

The first page (entitled “Vehicle Configuration”) of my MVPA PDF shows the same thing. But the second page (entitled “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and Invoice”), which seems to me like it is the actual MVPA, additionally shows a $1k price adjustment, bringing the total down to $54k. What is up with that? Did the price of something go down since I ordered?

My guess is it’s a glitch. As I said the account page still shows my original price, and that’s the link I’d have to use to make my payment.

Wonder if this will be reconciled between now and my 11/19 delivery date. Or which amount I’ll have to actually pay via ACH that day.

Haven’t see any other replies yet, as I’m catching up, but do NOT pay the higher price through the website. The MVPA ( with the lower price) is what you should go by. Bring a personal check. Hopefully this will save you about 1 1/2 hours of hold time ...

Not sure if this has been covered already, but the day I took delivery the only thing I noticed immediately was that the hood/frunk cover was not level when closed. The driver side was visibly 'deeper' than the passenger side relative to the respective fenders. I mentioned it to the delivery guy and he said it was "within spec" but that I should look the rest of the car over over the next 3 days and see if there was anything else that needed to be addressed and that maybe they could do something about it at that time. I didn't find anything else wrong with it, but the hood was still driving me crazy because I could see it while driving. I must have opened and closed the hood 15 times seeing if that would change anything - it didn't, but the last time I opened it I finally noticed the standoffs on either side underneath the hood. They look like little rubber accordions. 3 ccw twists on the driver's side and 1 cw twist on the passenger's - perfectly level hood. I don't know why the delivery people didn't know how to make that adjustment - it took 3 seconds.

Got mine today. Red LR AWD w/ EAP. They took off the aero hubs and put the other caps on for me gratis too, very kind of them. My journey:

8/28 Configured, expected delivery between 10/18 and 12/18
9/6 Email from DA to schedule delivery (no VIN), set for 9/27
9/19 VIN provided via email when I started pressing for financing purposes, showed up in my account a few days later. But...
9/24 VIN has disappeared from by account.
9/25 Email from DA that I don't have a VIN, they can't generate paperwork and confirm delivery, and they will be reaching out "in the coming weeks".
10/16 Text from a new DA to schedule delivery. Set it up for 10/26.
10/25 I call the service center just to make sure it's not another mean trick...but yep, they have the car on lot.
10/26 Accepted delivery

Car passed checklist inspection (that I pulled off these forums) with flying colors. The only issue at all was a little pink compound in the glass room seam that they got out for me real quick.

Yes the September head fake was annoying, but I can't really complain about getting the car only 8 days after my original "earliest" date.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity and cct3
I hadn't noticed until you guys mentioned but my price dropped 1000 too.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

ordered 10/18/18
email from IDA 10/24 with delivery date of 11/18
email from IDA 10/26 with delivery date of 11/08

However, I can't actually get my ida to reply to emails or calls. I dont have my VIN and the payment method is wrong :(
Got mine today. Red LR AWD w/ EAP. They took off the aero hubs and put the other caps on for me gratis too, very kind of them. My journey:

8/28 Configured, expected delivery between 10/18 and 12/18
9/6 Email from DA to schedule delivery (no VIN), set for 9/27
9/19 VIN provided via email when I started pressing for financing purposes, showed up in my account a few days later. But...
9/24 VIN has disappeared from by account.
9/25 Email from DA that I don't have a VIN, they can't generate paperwork and confirm delivery, and they will be reaching out "in the coming weeks".
10/16 Text from a new DA to schedule delivery. Set it up for 10/26.
10/25 I call the service center just to make sure it's not another mean trick...but yep, they have the car on lot.
10/26 Accepted delivery

Car passed checklist inspection (that I pulled off these forums) with flying colors. The only issue at all was a little pink compound in the glass room seam that they got out for me real quick.

Yes the September head fake was annoying, but I can't really complain about getting the car only 8 days after my original "earliest" date.
Can you share the link to this checklist?

I ordered a Long Range Dual Motor Model 3 on 10/20/2018 at Sacramento/Rocklin CA location. Just curious to know if others have order the same configuration this month at this location and already received delivery or delivery confirmation.
I received a VIN today and the delivery date is Nov 2nd. So for me, the order to delivery will be 13 days. Not bad I guess :)

Reactions: Sledgeek

Could someone please post the delivery phone number?

I called the customer service line, navigated to delivery section and waited 60+mins with no answer today. I'd had better luck with the other number but have lost it.

Try this delivery "hotline": 888-771-2505
Depends on who you get, could be very helpful or could be completely useless.
Ask for Victor, he's good.

Just want to say that I was able to take delivery yesterday in St. Louis. I love the car. Love it. I've had the car for about 26 hours and have given multiple rides. I've even got my dad talking about getting a Tesla when the Model Y comes out. If Tesla can figure out how to deliver what they can now build...and then build some more...there's no stopping them.

If you're still waiting - hang in there. It's worth the wait.