Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poop. My delivery for tomorrow is pushed back at least a day. The car transport hasn't/hadn't left Baltimore on time. But, I was called in a timely fashion...and life goes on. HOPING for Wednesday now. I reiterated I'd rather wait a couple days to make sure they've done all their inspections/prep work rather than rush to meet a target day at this point. Sometimes it's hard to be patient. That said, it'd be worse to take my 2.5+hour drive to do a pick up on a car not ready yet. So close though.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
Ordered 10/27, changed config it 3 times during that weekend (flipped between white 3D, black P3D, white P3D) and finally landed on the config below:

LR 4WD Performance
Pearl White
Perf Upgrade
Black & White Prem Interior
EAP

SA says he's to expect "any model 3 to be delivered roughly 1-2 weeks".

Crossing my fingers!

So after much consternation, b*tching and moaning on this forum, I just got a Text from my Delivery Adviser that my car has already finished production and want to confirm delivery to my house....

I am almost numb...

....am I awake...

...is this just a dream...

..this can't be happening...

My Model 3 has been delivered. The experience leading up to this wasn't great. But the car is great so far.

Quick update - picked up my car yesterday.
No reservation
8/7 Order
10/25 Schedule for 10/31
10/28 text with pic of the car all detailed up if I wanted to come early
Pickup 10/29

All went super smooth, all by text message. I am a car guy, I have own/owned a few dozen classic cars and worked as a painter in a body shop during college. I found one small blem on the front bumper cover of something in the paint. Other than that, the paint surface quality was on par with any other production vehicle. Maybe not as slick as a Porsche or MB was 10 years ago, but pretty nice. I came from a 3-Series, and went a looked at the new 540 mid summer before I decided on the Tesla. I think these newer waterborne paints do not lay down and flow out quite like the urethane paint did a decade ago. The surface quality and DOI is not that great anymore on the german cars either.

At any rate, glad to be driving my 4-second daily driver, not buying gasoline, and autopilot is much better than the '16 MS75 I rented back in March on Turo.

See you guys in some other threads on this board now - next stop is getting a Homelink adaptor for my current garage door opener....

LR AWD Red/Black 18"Aero EAP
Original Config date 4/13/18 - RWD
Updated Config date 6/27/2018 - AWD
Previous owner: no
Reservation holder: Yes, 3/31/18

Still waiting. Called multiple times and most recent update is that I'm on a priority list to get matched with a VIN. No date or or VIN.

when did u order? location?

Sorry I had mentioned this earlier in the thread and forgot to reiterate it.

LR AWD MSM/Black 18"Aero EAP
Original Config/Order Date 8/23/18
No previous products
No reservation
Location: Rockville MD - They actually want to do a home delivery, surprisingly. I live less then ten miles from the service center and work about one mile away. There are a lot of Tesla’s in the area so they appear to be delivering a decent amount here.

I would also like to add FSD before delivery, hopefully that isn’t a problem at this point.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck adding a referral before delivery (their own or someone else’s) to get the newly mentions free charging?

I didn't have any problems adding a referral code through the Vegas delivery team phone number and the Mt.Kisco delivery personnel at the store, but checking the car on my Tesla.com account, I only see pay-per-use supercharging. I've emailed them about it.

Just got my Tesla Model 3!

-White interior
-Non-performance
-Dual Motor
-Long range
-Black Exterior
-Standard Aero Wheels

Delayed 4 times, few scratches and chips, defects, and problems with car speakers.
I have this bittersweet feeling for Tesla right now, we'll see how they solve these problems.

Attachments

• 44729787_1018883891617626_26546290913443840_o.jpg
    44729787_1018883891617626_26546290913443840_o.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Informative
Reactions: Rarity and cct3