Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of changing my res from Red / Black to Red / White, do you guys think I will potentially miss this 2-4 week boat and would end up waiting for like end of Q3 ? :(

Edit : Original order was on 04/10/20. And got the 2-4 week text.
I would guess anything with a white interior will be very slow to roll off the line. They seem to be in very short supply. But, it's just a guess.

I would guess anything with a white interior will be very slow to roll off the line. They seem to be in very short supply. But, it's just a guess.
I wouldn't be so sure. A bunch of people with white interiors are getting delivery texts/emails. The seats are the same as the Model 3 except for the back of the rear seats and the seat factory is down the road. Shouldn't be that big of an issue, just depends on when they make the batches.

I wouldn't be so sure. A bunch of people with white interiors are getting delivery texts/emails. The seats are the same as the Model 3 except for the back of the rear seats and the seat factory is down the road. Shouldn't be that big of an issue, just depends on when they make the batches.
It's gotta be harder to assemble, etc. because of having to keep them clean during the whole process. Black would be much more forgiving.

I'm not sure $1000 makes up for the hassle for Tesla. If they made a bunch of extra money off white seats, they would take priority over the black in order to recognize the revenue. Sure, you see people getting some deliveries, but it still is much fewer than black interiors.

It's gotta be harder to assemble, etc. because of having to keep them clean during the whole process. Black would be much more forgiving.

I'm not sure $1000 makes up for the hassle for Tesla. If they made a bunch of extra money off white seats, they would take priority over the black in order to recognize the revenue. Sure, you see people getting some deliveries, but it still is much fewer than black interiors.
IDK, I would disagree, probably just as easy and wouldn't cost them that much more if anything. I got the text telling me to expect my delivery and I have White/White 19" FSD so there are definitely some rolling off the line. According to the Google Sheet, only about a quarter of people ordered white interior so I would expect there to be less people reporting deliveries.

Last edited:
I hear you. I would point out that 27% of orders on the Google Sheet are white interiors so I would expect less deliveries. Also, I doubt it costs much, if any, more than black to install a white interior.

IDK, I would disagree, probably just as easy and wouldn't cost them that much more if anything. I got the text telling me to expect my delivery and I have White/White 19" FSD so there are definitely some rolling off the line. According to the Google Sheet, only about a quarter of people ordered white interior so I would expect there to be less people reporting deliveries.
Look at it this way: If the white interior cost Tesla exactly the same as the black and was just as easy to deal with, why wouldn't they prioritize the white interiors? That $1000 would be free money to them and 2% extra gross revenue on every car built. Who knows what that would translate to net-wise, but it would sure look good on the bottom line.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see they're finally coming out. Not so happy watching them work through the reservation list backwards though.

Look at it this way: If the white interior cost Tesla exactly the same as the black and was just as easy to deal with, why wouldn't they prioritize the white interiors? That $1000 would be free money to them and 2% extra gross revenue on every car built. Who knows what that would translate to net-wise, but it would sure look good on the bottom line.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see they're finally coming out. Not so happy watching them work through the reservation list backwards though.
Good points. And sorry for the double response. Got distracted and wrote it again.