Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD/Performance Re-Invites 5/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my AWD invite today as well. Line waiter Chicago order placed around 11:30 am. Received my original invite on 4/6.

11:30AM CDT? I've been confused about when in-store reservations started in other time zones. They started at 10AM PDT in California (though official Tesla communications said they started at 10AM PST, even though daylight saving started two weeks earlier). That would've been noon in Chicago.

I received my invite to configure on 6/27. I was very upset that the Black interior is all that is offered in the non-performance car. I am also upset that the cost is about 15k more than I was planning on back when I placed my $1000 down on 4/1/16. I am re-thinking the whole thing now. Maybe I should not have ordered it on April fools day?

I received my invite to configure on 6/27. I was very upset that the Black interior is all that is offered in the non-performance car. I am also upset that the cost is about 15k more than I was planning on back when I placed my $1000 down on 4/1/16. I am re-thinking the whole thing now. Maybe I should not have ordered it on April fools day?
I don't understand where this $15k number comes from. I assume you were expecting a $35k car? But we knew there would be a Long Range and a Standard Range, and we knew that there would be a Premium Upgrade Package. The car you are able to order right now is not the car that you were expecting. You'll get the car you were expecting when they start rolling out non-PUP SR versions of it.

Reactions: preilly44
I don't understand where this $15k number comes from. I assume you were expecting a $35k car? But we knew there would be a Long Range and a Standard Range, and we knew that there would be a Premium Upgrade Package. The car you are able to order right now is not the car that you were expecting. You'll get the car you were expecting when they start rolling out non-PUP SR versions of it.
I don't know about their order but mine's about that. I had penciled it in at $45K. But I don't put this on Tesla, this is on me for choosing certain options and timing.

Reactions: preilly44
I don't know about their order but mine's about that. I had penciled it in at $45K. But I don't put this on Tesla, this is on me for choosing certain options and timing.
I always knew I would be getting the LR and PUP and also wanted AWD. I wasn't sure what the cost was going to be, but I was not under the impression that it was going to be close to $35k. The difference in price between say the S 75 vs S 100 is a lot more than the $9k different between SR and LR, so I kind of expected it to be more than just $9k. So I was pleasantly surprised. Also, I was surprised when the AWD was initially listed at $5k, because I expected it to be $4k, and was happy when Tesla changed it back down.

I always knew I would be getting the LR and PUP and also wanted AWD.
Your reservation was later on? Because when I put down my $1k, in the first 24hrs of reservations opening, I'm pretty sure none of that was named. It was, IIRC, "$35K, at least 215mi, and there will be other variants". I figured I'd probably pop for an extra $5K to $10K on top of that, because hey, AP has to happen and that won't be free! Little did I realize I'd be lured in by the sexy and my conclusion that this is likely to be the last car I'll ever purchase.

P.S. I was pretty choked about the initial $5K since Musk had explicitly stated <$5K, and it has to be a smaller motor than when the Model S still had 'D' as an upgrade option (for $5K).

Your reservation was later on? Because when I put down my $1k, in the first 24hrs of reservations opening, I'm pretty sure none of that was named. It was, IIRC, "$35K, at least 215mi, and there will be other variants". I figured I'd probably pop for an extra $5K to $10K on top of that, because hey, AP has to happen and that won't be free! Little did I realize I'd be lured in by the sexy and my conclusion that this is likely to be the last car I'll ever purchase.

P.S. I was pretty choked about the initial $5K since Musk had explicitly stated <$5K, and it has to be a smaller motor than when the Model S still had 'D' as an upgrade option (for $5K).
It's hard to remember exactly. I reserved Apr 1. I knew that 215 miles was the base model, and while we may not have known how many miles we'd get with a larger battery, I knew I would not be going for the base 215 mile range. It needed to be around 300 miles. I didn't know how much extra that would be, but I think the S was around $18k between the low range and the upper, and the X was around $20k. So to be honest, I didn't know what to expect, but I think that $9k was below my expectations. Additionally, while we didn't know exactly what PUP was going to look like (and we don't even know what non-PUP will be, since we've not seen one yet), nearly every car in existence has a premium package to upgrade seats, mirrors, sound system, etc... Sometimes they're just individual items, sometimes they have an interior package, but I knew I'd be springing for some extra stuff.

So it's true, I didn't know how much exactly I'd be spending, but I never thought it would be anywhere close to $35k. I knew it would be $50k+ just for the car. I didn't really consider EAP and FSD as separate items that I may or may not want.