Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back speakers and Sub not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had this happen after body repairs for a couple of insurance claims. I didnt realize it until I was too far away (thought it was equalizer) and went back and the bodyshop people have no idea whats wrong (apparently all connections are good and software is up to date). Anyone experience this as of late and had any luck either 1) fixing it on your own or 2) have a root cause that can explain why the hell this is happening?

I am also having this problem on a new 2021 with 258 miles. It seems this problem has been around for a while. I am getting intermittent sounds from the rear deck speakers that cut in and out with nothing from the sub, intermittent pops and crackling sounds.

I’ve been having this issue since 2019 and it’s still persisting. Tesla service has looked at it twice and have said it’s a firmware bug and no ETA for a fix. Quality stuff! Super frustrating. At least it’s intermittent and usually resolves in a day or two. Sometimes it will go on and off multiple times an hour. I’ve logged the specific times it happened so the techs could check the logs and they just said “it’s software, nothing we can do”. Well maybe they could like escalate the issue to the software team? I’m out of warranty now and kicking myself for not being more persistent with service. Sigh.