Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My backup camera is all foggy. I had my car professionally detailed last week and I think that's when it started....I thought it needed to be cleaned and nope, something is definitely wrong inside the camera.....it's foggy inside and now the picture is really bad. This isn't good as my car is only 6 weeks old.

Any suggestions?

My backup camera is all foggy. I had my car professionally detailed last week and I think that's when it started....I thought it needed to be cleaned and nope, something is definitely wrong inside the camera.....it's foggy inside and now the picture is really bad. This isn't good as my car is only 6 weeks old.

Any suggestions?
Wipe your thumb(or a cloth) over the backup camera lens and see if that fixes it. I have to do this after it rains and the lens is either wet or has dried road grime on it. This fixes it... until it rains again.

OK, Tesla road service just came by. I called the service center and they called them to check it out and they looked at it and said it wasn't water or anything, they said it looks like some film or something got separated and is inside the camera obscuring the view. They are ordering me parts and I'll need to get a new one installed when it comes in.