Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad scratch on interior of drivers door and carbon fiber sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things all:

1. I got a mean scratch on the drivers door almost where my hip is. Not sure how the heck it happened but I tried to make it less noticeable but that only happens if I stop looking. If you have any ideas I am game but it seems really deep and I am kinda sick about it since my car is only about 2 weeks old :(

2. I ordered the silicon key covers and a tesla carbon fiber sticker from Abstract Ocean (someone linked on this forum I think)

I tried the suede eraser and I don't think it helped. I'll try more but I don't know if there is a secret to using it. I realized what happened now. No bragging because it's not my intention but my wife adjusted her seat two times and each time proceeded to scratch the door with her ring. I guess it's a fragile covering and a tight space but it's clearly what happened. At least I can blame her. Not really. Too bad they didn't steal the Mercedes seat adjustment on the door rather than buried next to the seat or use the center touch screen for the adjustments...

Wonder what they go for. I would try the leather medic or an black wax crayon first to dull it. It's a new car and the first of many scratches so it's just getting broken in. Being a kid hauler and a schlepper for Home Depot it's only bound to get worse.