Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badge vs no-badge

To badge or not to badge, that is the question.

• No Badge! We don't need no stinking badges!

Votes: 92 60.5%
  • Yes badge! I don't want my dual motor P model 3 mistaken for a pedestrian RWD version!

Votes: 60 39.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
Tesla service tech was out yesterday to fix a rattle and wind noise on my Model 3, she was pretty excited that she had the dual motor badges and asked me if I wanted it on the car.

I was strongly strongly leaning towards not having it put on but she was pretty excited she had them so I said sure-what-the-hell.

In hindsight I probably should have left it off, I guess I can always debadge it later with some dental floss if it starts to bug me.

She made a weird comment that she could just leave the badge with me but if she didn't apply it there would possibly be a charge if I wanted it put on later.

Out here in the west coast we need the badge to pass the first level chain control in the winter. I can drive past all the "pedestrian RWD's" pulled over in the snow putting on chains. I suppose I can show the police/highway person the dual motor on my screen, but I definitely can't be waved through.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: MikeR55 and xilex
Tesla service tech was out yesterday to fix a rattle and wind noise on my Model 3, she was pretty excited that she had the dual motor badges and asked me if I wanted it on the car.

I was strongly strongly leaning towards not having it put on but she was pretty excited she had them so I said sure-what-the-hell.

In hindsight I probably should have left it off, I guess I can always debadge it later with some dental floss if it starts to bug me.

She made a weird comment that she could just leave the badge with me but if she didn't apply it there would possibly be a charge if I wanted it put on later.
Oh man. Haven’t decide yet. Haven’t been invited to have it installed and don’t have an issue that requires a ranger. Hmmmm, decisions. Leaning toward no badge.

Out here in the west coast we need the badge to pass the first level chain control in the winter. I can drive past all the "pedestrian RWD's" pulled over in the snow putting on chains. I suppose I can show the police/highway person the dual motor on my screen, but I definitely can't be waved through.
I never had a problem in my debadged Subaru but I guess they're all AWD. My SUV also has no badging indicating that it's 4WD though again they never made a 2WD version. You can just tell them to look under the car to see the axles :p

I got mine a couple weeks ago. I like it.
Point Blur_Dec202018_160406.jpg

Since the P3D+ comes with both the spoiler and badge, I want them to have on hand. However, I am a fan of the de-badged look, so I don't intend to have them installed. I hope they don't plan on charging me for not having them installed.