Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Cost: Current Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Evening!

I am wondering if some of you fine people would mind sharing what you recently paid for a new battery replacement. I am trying to figure out from people who, in the last 3-6 months, had a 100kwh battery replacement 1) what it cost and 2) how it works--by that, I mean...If my battery failed, I would be replacing a 2016 100kwh battery. Would I be getting a 2021/22/23 battery? Would it be newer "tech" or more efficient? I would obviously do whatever I had to in order to pay for a battery to keep a car that the original owner paid >$160k running but I would like to know what some of you all actually had to pay and whether I would be getting a newer, more efficient or long lasting one--akin to how when I replace my MCU1 it is the same *thing* but upgraded. I see online everything from $10-20k+ depending on make and model and battery size. Thanks everyone! You all are a goldmine of information!

Reactions: MD70
If your battery fails while your battery is still under warranty (which should be the case for a 2016 car), you’ll probably get a remanufactured battery that matches your original one, and the remainder of your existing battery warranty will transfer to the replacement. If it happens out of warranty and you shop around for a battery, you’ll hopefully know what you’re getting.