Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery discharges at a rate of 1% per day (page 25 Model S owners manual)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I would prefer a charge timer before the smartphone app. I would like to be able to program the car "to be ready at 7:30 am" or something like that rather than have to remember to use the smartphone app some number of hours ahead of when I want to leave. I am anxious for the phone app for other reasons, but to address this loss of range when we go out to drive our cars, a timer like this would be very useful (not to mention enabling us to utilize TOU electricity rates).
Holy Moley! Am I understanding that the near $90,000 car I expect in a couple of months has no charging timers? And my $30,000 LEAF allows almost exactly what mknox wants?

Fortunately, I do not need or use the timers, but that sure sounds like a serious omission.

Holy Moley! Am I understanding that the near $90,000 car I expect in a couple of months has no charging timers? And my $30,000 LEAF allows almost exactly what mknox wants?

Fortunately, I do not need or use the timers, but that sure sounds like a serious omission.

This is one of the many things that will be addressed with a future software update. They do need to add it.

No, it's what happens when you start building a car from the ground up. You get the vital stuff done first and then you work on the nice-to-haves. Otherwise the car never gets out the door and you go broke. This functionality and a lot more will come.