Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

battery fuse requires replacement soon? what is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that early. First introduced on 90 packs in 2016.
Looks like I'm forced to joint this party 😫And at a very inopportune time. I month ago I listed my 2015 S 85D for sale. I was about an hour from meeting a prospective buyer. Not having any idea this was possible, I thought it time to do a Factory Reset. And WAM, this pops up. Of course, had to cancel the appointment. Buyer says he's still interested, but we'll see. I'm glad it didn't happen AFTER I sold it. Got the service appointment for tomorrow (extremely quick I'd say).
Then I saw the $700+ charge and you can guess my reaction. Later saw the following posts so, we'll see (this too). Maybe I'll be lucky and they only need to reset something as some have said, (ha, good luck with that.)

This doesn't make it any easier to sell this vintage TS. There's a glut on the market now partly because of Tesla's promotion about transferring USC to the new vehicle, in which I participated.

Looks like I'm forced to joint this party 😫And at a very inopportune time. I month ago I listed my 2015 S 85D for sale. I was about an hour from meeting a prospective buyer. Not having any idea this was possible, I thought it time to do a Factory Reset. And WAM, this pops up. Of course, had to cancel the appointment. Buyer says he's still interested, but we'll see. I'm glad it didn't happen AFTER I sold it. Got the service appointment for tomorrow (extremely quick I'd say).
Then I saw the $700+ charge and you can guess my reaction. Later saw the following posts so, we'll see (this too). Maybe I'll be lucky and they only need to reset something as some have said, (ha, good luck with that.)

This doesn't make it any easier to sell this vintage TS. There's a glut on the market now partly because of Tesla's promotion about transferring USC to the new vehicle, in which I participated.
Let us know if they reverse the charge.

Strange. The only 2015 S's to have the pyro fuse are the P85D upgraded to Ludicrous and the P90D and P90DL. The 85D still has the non electronic thermal fuse.

Are you sure it's exactly the same error?

Strange. The only 2015 S's to have the pyro fuse are the P85D upgraded to Ludicrous and the P90D and P90DL. The 85D still has the non electronic thermal fuse.

Are you sure it's exactly the same error?
Yup, I got an appointment super soon. They (say) they did the work. Took them a day and they said they had to drop the pack. The error occurred after the reboot from Factory Reset and since I got this done immediately, I don't have any clue if it was just glitch or not. The message wasn't there the next time I drove the car. Thankfully, they didn't charge me.

Reactions: Huskyf
Yup, I got an appointment super soon. They (say) they did the work. Took them a day and they said they had to drop the pack. The error occurred after the reboot from Factory Reset and since I got this done immediately, I don't have any clue if it was just glitch or not. The message wasn't there the next time I drove the car. Thankfully, they didn't charge me.

Are you sure they didn't replace the contactors instead? You're 85D never had a pyro fuse.

Found this thread when this message popped up on my car this morning. This is the first Tesla (Model X, P100D) I’ve owned. I bought it used two months ago and am quickly regretting my purchase. In the last two weeks alone, I’ve been getting an intermittent message for a rear seat restraint failure, the passenger front heated seat stopped working, and the charge port stopped functioning properly (very scary on an electric car) and now this. I have the XCare warranty, no idea if any of this will be covered.

Got this alert and estimate is approximately $730. Approximately $260 in parts and $470 in labor.

2015 Model S 85D Insane. From one of the posts above it seems like only upgraded to Ludicrous have this? Anything I should ask when the mobile service comes to fix this?