Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a little different than the other 100 threads on the topic. My 2014 p85d with an early 2015 pack is down being repaired - this is detailed in other threads. The pack has the original wire/ceramic fuse that was working fine - not the pyro fuse with the onboard battery that is triggering all the service alerts. When I put the pack back together should I reuse the low-tech fuse that was in there or 'upgrade' to the current pyro fuse being installed by the SCs? I've already checked and of course, they won't sell me one anyway, so if the consensus is to upgrade, what is the part number to google and/or does anyone know of a vendor selling these unobtainium parts?

This is a little different than the other 100 threads on the topic. My 2014 p85d with an early 2015 pack is down being repaired - this is detailed in other threads. The pack has the original wire/ceramic fuse that was working fine - not the pyro fuse with the onboard battery that is triggering all the service alerts. When I put the pack back together should I reuse the low-tech fuse that was in there or 'upgrade' to the current pyro fuse being installed by the SCs? I've already checked and of course, they won't sell me one anyway, so if the consensus is to upgrade, what is the part number to google and/or does anyone know of a vendor selling these unobtainium parts?
Upgrade, the original style was replaced because it was wearing out and blowing erroneously.
Part number is 1111313-00-F for 2000A
1111445-00-F for 2366A
They are both listed as over the counter so I'm not sure why the service center won't sell them to you.

I don't know what is on the current fuse but I'm sure it isn't north of 2,000A. Is there any downside to getting the larger fuse? I can't image the P-D motors from 2014 can draw 2000 amps nor would my battery enjoy that so either will probably work.

I don't know what is on the current fuse but I'm sure it isn't north of 2,000A. Is there any downside to getting the larger fuse? I can't image the P-D motors from 2014 can draw 2000 amps nor would my battery enjoy that so either will probably work.
The downside is the opportunity to have a fault between 2000 and 2633 Amp where the fuse doesn't blow.
A quick search says the 2000A may be the proper fuse. There is a third fuse part number, but it didn't show up in the epc.
Both the service manual and parts catalog are free access.
service.tesla.com
epc.tesla.com

Thanks Mongo. I'm in the SC penalty box because they know I had an HV fault (I asked for an estimate and availability of new 90 packs), and I've been asking too many questions about parts for the HV. Now they won't even sell me umbrella valves or a fuse cover, let alone the fuse itself or contactors. Hoping they don't blacklist the car!

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
Thanks Mongo - exactly what I needed to know. Any reason to get the 2,366A version? I'm at Insane+ mode but not Ludicrous.
I'm interested in this thread since I plan to eventually upgrade to Lud+ from that place in North Carolina (Upgrade Explorer | 057 Technology) once my battery warranty dies next year.
I just have the same pyro fuse warning on my car yesterday. It's not the same fuse for those planning on upgrading to Lud+ , the "smart" fuse and steel contacts to Inconel alloy?

I'm interested in this thread since I plan to eventually upgrade to Lud+ from that place in North Carolina (Upgrade Explorer | 057 Technology) once my battery warranty dies next year.
I just have the same pyro fuse warning on my car yesterday. It's not the same fuse for those planning on upgrading to Lud+ , the "smart" fuse and steel contacts to Inconel alloy?
You might want to see other recent threads about 057.