Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished a video on YouTube on battery capacity on 2019 75D. The person in the video was explaining the 2018 to 2019 change over and the change and deletion of the 75D in 2019. His vehicle was a 2018 build, "J" vs mine due this week with a "K"; 2019 as per the vin#, 10th digit. In the video he explained that he felt Tesla did away with the 75D designation, but used the newer bigger capacity batteries in the 2019 75D's that had been built and just derated them and sold them at the old price, but able to be brought up to the newer capacity if one wanted to shell out the money for the software. In the video it looked like he was able to charge above the 75D capacity. So, my question is; does anyone know if at the change over point they just put in the newer batteries and just called it a 75D up until the official change? Sorry for the long narrative. My vehicle is a "S" 75D floor model due to arrive this week.