Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Battery too low' warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RayW

Joy Riding
Nov 9, 2016
Cypress
I just received this warning twice today.
Called road side assistance and got elevated to 'tier-2' support where they checked the logs but didn't see anything wrong (12V battery at 13.8V, main battery health is good with 60% charge). Interestingly, their logs show when I opened/closed the door but do not show the warning.... so they suggested I call the service center to have the system testing.

Here's where the "awesome" Tesla SC support kicked in -- I was told because the warning does not show in their logs I should wait for my existing appointment on Sept 8th (having the 23rd headlight replaced... j/k, only the 3rd). The tech stated it's not an issue because it does not show up in their logs and most likely a bug related to the last S/W update. I replied it is an issue because it shows up on my screen and texted the attached picture to him... still waiting to hear back regarding a service appointment to test the system.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 826
Do a full bug report and then call them up to retrieve and analyze it.

tap and hold the icon on the Tesla on the bottom left of your Model S or Model X screen. Hold until you see “Thank You for the Feedback” on your instrument cluster. Wait about 5 minutes for it to upload and then call them up again.

tap and hold the icon on the Tesla on the bottom left of your Model S or Model X screen. Hold until you see “Thank You for the Feedback” on your instrument cluster. Wait about 5 minutes for it to upload and then call them up again.
Is this documented anywhere? I found this in the MX manual:

Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" (in the English language) followed by brief comments in your language of choice. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.

Do a full bug report and then call them up to retrieve and analyze it.

^^^ because if they don't see the bug report when you call in and tell them the approximate time range, it means they were never looking in the right place to begin with.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyberShy