Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery unplugged for 54 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left for a long trip to Europe and wanted to share this information with you.
When I left my battery was at 237miles on June 1st 2016 end of the day.
on July 26th end of day I had left 126 Miles.

This give an average consumption of 2 miles per day when car is left unplugged.
So I could live the car unplugged for about 4 months.

Ciao!
Just because you "could" doesn't mean you should. Tesla says plug it in to best preserve the battery life. But hey, it's your battery so you can abuse it if you want to.

Doesn't anyone RTFM anymore?

Interesting information, thanks for posting. Note that in very cold climates the loss could be greater. You didn't say whether you car was indoors in a climate controlled environment, outdoors in the shade, or outdoors in the sun.

Was there a reason you decided not to plug your car in while you were away? Was it parked in an airport parking lot with no plug availability?

Reactions: benjiejr
Interesting information, thanks for posting. Note that in very cold climates the loss could be greater. You didn't say whether you car was indoors in a climate controlled environment, outdoors in the shade, or outdoors in the sun.

Was there a reason you decided not to plug your car in while you were away? Was it parked in an airport parking lot with no plug availability?

Yes sorry about lack of information... here it is:

Car Parked in Miami condo covered parking at temperature varying from 80 to 95 I guess. I charge at the office but I do travel and I cannot plug in in Garage..

Yes sorry about lack of information... here it is:

Car Parked in Miami condo covered parking at temperature varying from 80 to 95 I guess. I charge at the office but I do travel and I cannot plug in in Garage..

Also I did other shorter trips but temperatures never cold in Miami.. always had values between 1.8 to 2 miles per day. have 85D

Did you have the Energy Saving switched On and the Always Connected OFF?

12 V is entirely backed by the DC DC converter so as long as the main pack has enough juice, so will the 12 V. Charging does nothing for the 12 V.

Which is unlike the Kia Soul EV that I had plugged in and accidentally left in ACC mode (as opposed to ON) overnight to install the recent CarPlay/Android Auto update. Ended up with a dead 12V batter and a day of trickle charge to get it back on the road...

//TB

Yeah, it's got this weird "not quite on" accessory mode and Kia's solution is to show a brief warning on the display. Otherwise it's been a great EV compared to the other limited, non-Tesla crop with a decent range that are available at the moment.

//TB
Yeah, I do kind of like the Soul EV, and might be considering that to replace our Civic Hybrid eventually. I saw an article that was "What is the best EV?", and they split it out into: if money is no object (Tesla) or if money is an object (Soul EV).