Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Won't Charge Past 41 miles P85 2012 ModelS 110k miles driven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we hit an issue with the battery last week where we no longer can charge the battery past 41 miles. Seems like a lot of the cells are out. Looks like we'll get a replacement battery

Anyone else with this issue? Please share!

Smells like a battery that is become unbalanced. Refusing to charge from a low range is an indicator I had a '13 P85. I think it was more common in '12 and '13. We don't hear of it in more recent years. Even with 110K miles I think the battery is still covered under warranty.
You will get a reconditioned battery. It will be great. You can look forward to 90% charge to be about 2-3 miles better than yours was when brand new. Don't consider this a bad thing. You are going to be very pleased with the outcome.

Reactions: sorka
we hit an issue with the battery last week where we no longer can charge the battery past 41 miles. Seems like a lot of the cells are out. Looks like we'll get a replacement battery

Anyone else with this issue? Please share!
One morning my 2014 S battery was just dead, car was towed to service center need battery pack replacement under warranty + need new CPU which can no longer accept up grades due to memory saturation this was not on the warranty did cost $3000,00

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
Memory saturation? Never heard of that. If you can get more detailed info from SC about this, please come back and tell us.
Probably MCU flash issue. Flash memory can only be written to so many times before failure. So it ages out. Now, why they need to replace the entire MCU is beyond me, it should be possible to swap the memory chip to repair it. I guess they are taking the old one to do that so it will go in another car to be repaired? If you paid $3000, did you get your old MCU back?