Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area: Detailing group buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to a few places and doesn't seem like anyone is interested in group buy, guess it doesn't help most places are booked months out. I found one place in San Jose (www.wheelxperts.net) that might entertain it. Before I spend too much time trying to figure something out, trying to gauge how many folks would be interested. They use Xpel forTint and PPF. Maybe try to setup some structure like the Socal group did.

Anyone that has been to WheelXperts have any comment? I know they have done other Tesla’s but don’t have seen a lot of reviews. The prices aren’t cheap but more reasonable than some of the other places I’ve called.

Anyone that has been to WheelXperts have any comment? I know they have done other Tesla’s but don’t have seen a lot of reviews. The prices aren’t cheap but more reasonable than some of the other places I’ve called.

I called WheelXperts earlier today after seeing your post, def more reasonable pricing and willing to give discount if I do PPF/tint/ceramic coating with them altogether. Read a few yelp reviews and seems like they done a few Model 3s. For tint they can do one piece rear windows as well.

I'll call Wheelxperts tomorrow and see what they would be willing to do. Only way to make them go for it would be to make sure they take on as little risk as possible. The Socal model group buy worked out because they rebated folks as more people got into the group buy, but not sure how that would work logistically. Seems like there is enough interest where we can at least start off with five cars. I don't even have my car yet, but always looking for a deal :)

I'll call Wheelxperts tomorrow and see what they would be willing to do. Only way to make them go for it would be to make sure they take on as little risk as possible. The Socal model group buy worked out because they rebated folks as more people got into the group buy, but not sure how that would work logistically. Seems like there is enough interest where we can at least start off with five cars. I don't even have my car yet, but always looking for a deal :)
I would think this is common / normal but do they clay bar and do a paint correction before applying the PPF?

I will definitely ask, but I expect the answer to be they do minimal paint correct and it is an option you have to pay additional for. Looks like they have done a decent number of Teslas. Personally, I'll be prepping the paint myself and still on the fence about the PPF. For sure I'd be looking to do tint and possibly chrome delete.

Wheel Xperts Clear Bra (@wheelxpertsclearbra) • Instagram photos and videos