Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ISA emailed me around 1 PM proposing a block of delivery times along with VIN (35XXX); pickup will be this Sun afternoon 7/15.

So maybe I have been lucky, but this has all gone very quick from the moment the edit button disappeared (last Thurs evening). VIN assignment confirmed by phone on Fri. Monday (yesterday) morning received email from ISA, requesting confirmation of financing, one hour later received proposal of available delivery times for this coming weekend and finally this morning received final delivery contract laying out the final numbers and requesting electronic payment for my amount through MyTesla account. Sunday afternoon will be a new owner!! VIN (357XX)

So maybe I have been lucky, but this has all gone very quick from the moment the edit button disappeared (last Thurs evening). VIN assignment confirmed by phone on Fri. Monday (yesterday) morning received email from ISA, requesting confirmation of financing, one hour later received proposal of available delivery times for this coming weekend and finally this morning received final delivery contract laying out the final numbers and requesting electronic payment for my amount through MyTesla account. Sunday afternoon will be a new owner!! VIN (357XX)

Indeed and ditto, except that I have deferred pick up to next (mid) week, was offered Sunday initially.

What's your config?

This does not make any sense. I'm a day 1 reservation holder, configured on May 25, and yet I'm still waiting for my Pearl White.
Maybe its the Pearl with Sport that is the hold up. In my case its the Red with Sport. I would assume most people are now configuring with Aeros.

Either way I thought Tesla would go down the list of April configs and start to fill the orders. Clearly that is not the case.

Delivery bumped. Was supposed to be tomorrow at 6am, just got a call at 4:45pm confirming that I'll have a check for them. Yeah, no, I already sent you ALL of my bank information to schedule the funding request, last week. They wouldn't schedule my appointment without it. But of course my ISA has dropped off the map as soon as I provided the funding info, and the woman who called me to ask about the check keeps insisting things that aren't true, such as:

* They cannot submit a funding request to my bank (plenty of other ISAs have done this, and it's how I've bought cars in the past)
* ACH transfers are immediate

She kept insisting she can't deliver a car if there's no money, but was not helpful in telling me how to get it. Insisted on rescheduling (obviously, given no money), so I said I couldn't commit to anything earlier than next Thursday without talking to my wife first (she has next thursday off), and I was told they can't hold a car that long. Thanks?

So we rescheduled for 5:15pm tomorrow at the factory because she was sure as long as I submitted the info for payment, they'd have the money immediately.

Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to submit a DFR myself *on behalf* of Tesla, which my bank recommends against (but says should be okay as long as the 'dealer' doesn't complain that it was done without their agreement), and then.. magic happens? The woman who called insisted that the ACH payment will go through automatically; my bank says it'll be submitted same day as long as it's in before 4pm Central, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow afternoon will come and go and they won't want to release the car to me because the money didn't magically appear like it would with a wire transfer, but whatever. I just hope they figure out that they're not going to release the car to me *before* I fight the godawful east bay traffic at rush hour tomorrow.

*shrug*

EDIT: Update, the funding request wants copies of title applications and so on, none of which I have, and the emails from my ISA and also the language on my Tesla account both say they will "prepare the documents for [your] bank" and "We will coordinate payment with your bank". So I'm guessing it'll be next week some time.

Last edited:
Delivery bumped. Was supposed to be tomorrow at 6am, just got a call at 4:45pm confirming that I'll have a check for them. Yeah, no, I already sent you ALL of my bank information to schedule the funding request, last week. They wouldn't schedule my appointment without it. But of course my ISA has dropped off the map as soon as I provided the funding info, and the woman who called me to ask about the check keeps insisting things that aren't true, such as:

* They cannot submit a funding request to my bank (plenty of other ISAs have done this, and it's how I've bought cars in the past)
* ACH transfers are immediate

She kept insisting she can't deliver a car if there's no money, but was not helpful in telling me how to get it. Insisted on rescheduling (obviously, given no money), so I said I couldn't commit to anything earlier than next Thursday without talking to my wife first (she has next thursday off), and I was told they can't hold a car that long. Thanks?

So we rescheduled for 5:15pm tomorrow at the factory because she was sure as long as I submitted the info for payment, they'd have the money immediately.

Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to submit a DFR myself *on behalf* of Tesla, which my bank recommends against (but says should be okay as long as the 'dealer' doesn't complain that it was done without their agreement), and then.. magic happens? The woman who called insisted that the ACH payment will go through automatically; my bank says it'll be submitted same day as long as it's in before 4pm Central, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow afternoon will come and go and they won't want to release the car to me because the money didn't magically appear like it would with a wire transfer, but whatever. I just hope they figure out that they're not going to release the car to me *before* I fight the godawful east bay traffic at rush hour tomorrow.

*shrug*

EDIT: Update, the funding request wants copies of title applications and so on, none of which I have, and the emails from my ISA and also the language on my Tesla account both say they will "prepare the documents for [your] bank" and "We will coordinate payment with your bank". So I'm guessing it'll be next week some time.

Damn! Tomorrow at 6AM and you get a last minute funding request?

I'm so scared about something going wrong. My home delivery to San Leandro is on Friday, and my ISA is out of the office until next week. When I was communicating earlier this week, he said we're still on schedule for the car to be delivered as long as I provide a check from my CU during delivery on Friday. I got notice today that Tech CU will be sending them a wire instead of cutting a check, so I'm not sure what to do here. Maybe I'm over-worrying for nothing.

Finally after a long wait of 79 days since the config on 4/23, I am taking the delivery of the car on 7/17 at the Fremont Hub :
3/31/16 Reserved
4/18/18 Invited
4/23/18 Configured
4/4/18 : Made Changes from AERO to 19 inch Wheels and Back to AERO
4/9/18 : Switched back to 19 inch sports wheels
7/11/18 Edit Link went away and credit application popped up on the payment tab
7/11/18 Email from ISA
7/11/18 VIN Received : 47XXX
7/17/18 : Fremont delivery scheduled

Final Configuration : Red, RWD, 19inch Sports Wheels, No EAP and No FSD

Finally after a long wait of 79 days since the config on 4/23, I am taking the delivery of the car on 7/17 at the Fremont Hub :
3/31/16 Reserved
4/18/18 Invited
4/23/18 Configured
7/11/18 Email from ISA

Yes! Give me some red...April config with Red with Sport wheels. I am April 30th so maybe soon

Damn! Tomorrow at 6AM and you get a last minute funding request?

I'm so scared about something going wrong. My home delivery to San Leandro is on Friday, and my ISA is out of the office until next week. When I was communicating earlier this week, he said we're still on schedule for the car to be delivered as long as I provide a check from my CU during delivery on Friday. I got notice today that Tech CU will be sending them a wire instead of cutting a check, so I'm not sure what to do here. Maybe I'm over-worrying for nothing.

Actually, it gets worse, while she was figuring out my bank situation (magically the email came through saying their document people would be handling it for me), I got ANOTHER call from up in SF; they're backlogged on car prep and will have to push delivery by "about a week" regardless.

That's some efficiency, 2 different departments, independent of each other, delayed delivery, within 2 hours of each other :D

So, I no longer have an exact date. My vin is in the low 20k series so it's been sitting around for awhile. The car prep explanation was just general pre-delivery type stuff, software updates, etc.

3/31/16 Reserved
4/18/18 Invited
4/23/18 Configured

7/11/18 Email from ISA

Congratulations.

I'm assuming you did that in May? :)

Is there a way to tell when the car was manufactured by looking at the VIN (ie: which month)? Or do we have to ask the ISA?

Arranging insurance quote or coverage is one that comes to my mind. My company (Allstate) said they needed it so they could quote accurately and to issue a temporary card showing coverage.

And I guess it's a psychological thing that says the end may finally be in sight.