Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the CEV website I came across this part, you would think Tesla would be using it to smooth out there flow for deliveries. I have a SR+ on order and it looks like it is 2 weeks away.

• A vehicle OEM order will be considered the day the order is accepted by the OEM and a deposit has been placed by customer to allow reservation of the vehicle incentive amount.
  • Incentive amounts will be reserved for up to 90 days for OEM order vehicles; if a vehicle sale is not completed within the 90 days, the reserved incentive funds for that vehicle will be re-allocated to the general incentive funds available. Incentive funds expended, reserved and remaining will be tracked on the CEVforBC website tracker.

Looking at the CEV website I came across this part, you would think Tesla would be using it to smooth out there flow for deliveries. I have a SR+ on order and it looks like it is 2 weeks away.

• A vehicle OEM order will be considered the day the order is accepted by the OEM and a deposit has been placed by customer to allow reservation of the vehicle incentive amount.
  • Incentive amounts will be reserved for up to 90 days for OEM order vehicles; if a vehicle sale is not completed within the 90 days, the reserved incentive funds for that vehicle will be re-allocated to the general incentive funds available. Incentive funds expended, reserved and remaining will be tracked on the CEVforBC website tracker.
They know this and won't do it. It's an extra step for them in terms of workflow and VIN assignment constantly change during production. I suspect it would be a bigger headache and room for errors if they attempt this.

I just ordered a Sr+ black on black last night thinking I was okay for the provincial rebate(rebate secured at time of placing deposit), after digging a little bit more I learned that the rebate pool as actually looking pretty low. Is there anything you guys think I can do to secure the rebate? Are there any models in Tesla’s inventory that I can scoop up?

I just ordered a Sr+ black on black last night thinking I was okay for the provincial rebate(rebate secured at time of placing deposit), after digging a little bit more I learned that the rebate pool as actually looking pretty low. Is there anything you guys think I can do to secure the rebate? Are there any models in Tesla’s inventory that I can scoop up?
Sorry I’m BC

Sorry I’m BC

I think you will be ok regardless - there is something like another $32million budgeted, all the BC government has to do is rubber stamp another top up to the fund.

The current government has the 2040 mandate for zero emissions vehicles and is dependent on Green Party support for now, so unless there is a non-confidence vote and new government, should be topped up as soon as it runs low.

Unless Tesla change their practice, you won't be able to reserve yours until delivery. Likely, two more top-up were needed before you can get your car.

They had some inventory at the Royal Park location on this past Saturday when I went for a test drive. They made it sound like their inventory goes very quickly, but they do seem to have some inventory around. Keep in mind it's what they use for test drives, so they can be a bit dirty & scuffed on the door panels.

How long do you think this will top up will last? The pools at 5.8mill which works out to about 1160 cars and I read somewhere that close to 70 cars sell in BC per day, which means this top up will only last around 16 days. Even at 16 days that probably still short of my delivery date unfortunately.

400 - 500k avg daily, so 11 to 15 days maximum. last 10m last only 3 wks

Thanks Jack and the Arctic Beans! You've made my weekend!!

Weird it was only $5M, and no announcement that I could find. Last time the New Car Dealers Association pushed out a tweet:

upload_2019-6-7_18-11-17.png

Maybe the Gov't didn't want funding to run out before Monday and get everyone in a tizzy. Keeping the sense of panic going is one way to "drive" folks to pull the EV trigger!

How long do you think this will top up will last? The pools at 5.8mill which works out to about 1160 cars and I read somewhere that close to 70 cars sell in BC per day, which means this top up will only last around 16 days. Even at 16 days that probably still short of my delivery date unfortunately.

I think the province still have $35 million to give out. When is delivery date? I think the only time you should worry is when it runs out on your delivery date and you'll have to postpone your date for incentive to top off again. My delivery date is this coming monday and man was it a nail biter for the last couple of days!

This is from the Tesla team member that applies for each CEV rebate manually on the dealer portal.

The car must have it's NVIS documentation submitted for import before they can request the funds. That means the car is in logistics transport from the Cali.

$5m will last until June 20th, they are gonna be selling store inventory cars before end of the quarter. Anything that isn’t bolted down is for sale

6 days later we are now at 4.4 mil....

Did the sales rapidly went down? They were doing 400-500k a day since May 1st and now we're doing more like 100k / day now.

View attachment 418857

"Funds Reserved" has gone down about $1 mil since I checked last week. Perhaps some reservations timed out and got added back to the pool over the last few days? (Alternatively, maybe current vehicle pickups are reserved funds right now instead of new disbursements)