Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be careful out there, these short sellers will do anything for money!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read that restraining order in its entirety. If those events described are correct, that's a seriously messed up dude. Sadly there are quite a few followers for him on twitter to cheer him on. Tesla is a car and energy company that is trying some new things that could help us all. Why sabotage them and root for their failure? I don't get it.

I just read through the Twitter page, the tweets and retweets remind me of flat earthers.
tenor (15).gif

I just read that restraining order in its entirety. If those events described are correct, that's a seriously messed up dude. Sadly there are quite a few followers for him on twitter to cheer him on. Tesla is a car and energy company that is trying some new things that could help us all. Why sabotage them and root for their failure? I don't get it.

Because there is no greater motivation for grotesque behavior than the avoidance of financial loss (or the loss of an assumed but unrealized gain). Throw in a little “he kicked my dog” syndrome and you have a recipe for disaster.

I just don't get it. Sure, going short is one thing but.. Like this Mark Spiegel guy calling Elon a scumbag. I think he has young kids. What will they think when they found out what their father has been up to on the Internet
Putting lives in danger, are they so messed up?

I know, a lot of us (me included) are also fanatic pro-Tesla but at least we do it for the right reasons.

I like one reply stating that if they are so sure that Tesla would fail, why are they trying so hard to make it happen? Just go short and relax!

I wrote a strongly worded email to University of Michigan Dept of Asian Languages and Cultures where Randeep Hothi is still a Ph.D. candidate. I hope U of M cuts ties with him. IMO, hitting people with cars and trying to cause an accident on the highway puts him in the same category as terrorists.

[email protected]

Randeep Hothi | U-M LSA Asian Languages and Cultures

Because there is no greater motivation for grotesque behavior than the avoidance of financial loss (or the loss of an assumed but unrealized gain)...

True. As Marge Gunderson from my favorite film Fargo once said:
... And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it.

I thought this was an interesting snippet from the restraining order request

"... For this event, Tesla will host investors for presentations about its self-driving technology and roadmap, and investors will be able to take test-drives to experience Autopilot firsthand, including features and functionality that are under active development (and which are not publicly known or available). These vehicles will be on the roads near and around Tesla's headquarters, and will bear manufacturers' licensce plates, just like the vehicle that Randeep Hothi followed on 4/17/19."

I wrote a strongly worded email to University of Michigan Dept of Asian Languages and Cultures where Randeep Hothi is still a Ph.D. candidate. I hope U of M cuts ties with him. IMO, hitting people with cars and trying to cause an accident on the highway puts him in the same category as terrorists.

[email protected]

Randeep Hothi | U-M LSA Asian Languages and Cultures

Are you sure that's him? Just a quick Google search found several people with his same name.

• Informative
Reactions: DOCAL and cwerdna
I don't get this. If you think TSLA will be less worth in the future, just short it. If you think TSLA will be worth more, just buy it. Don't try to make your opinion come true by manipulating media or sabotaging.

There are plenty of other overvalued companies, such as crappy cannabis or biotechnology companies to play with. Tesla actually tries to make the world a better place, there is no reason for anyone but oil companies and ICE companies to want Tesla to fail.

• Love
Reactions: DOCAL and AZRI11
Yes. He (and his brother who works for VW) have been doxxed on twitter and also here on the investor section of the forums.

Image12 Copy

Yes, good work. Also, note that he was recently attending graduate school at the U. of Mich in Ann Arbor, a suburb of Detroit not far from Volkswagon of America's Customer Relations and After Sales Support Center national headquarters which is a short drive away. I wonder where he worked when he attended school there?

In any case, he admits he is a Tesla short seller and he actively and illegally tries to harm Tesla. I really do think the SEC should be more interested in this kind of behavior instead of trying to determine if a general cheerleading post on Twitter by a CEO saying they will make 500,000 cars is new material information or just a rehash of previously released info.

Reactions: commasign