Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be cautious on all future updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Tesla Vision, cabin camera, and divergent code paths I would be very cautious about immediately updating when getting the alert. I’m at 2021.4.18 and I’m going to sit tight and let everyone else beta test for a little while going forward.

Tesla software development follows standard modern code release patterns, divergent code paths are part of that and completely expected, thats how its supposed to happen.
If that makes you uncomfortable - just change the update preference from advanced to standard and move on with your life.
Just don't then complain about not getting the latest new software feature.
But the nice thing is you can switch it back any time.

Tesla software development follows standard modern code release patterns, divergent code paths are part of that and completely expected, thats how its supposed to happen.
If that makes you uncomfortable - just change the update preference from advanced to standard and move on with your life.
Just don't then complain about not getting the latest new software feature.
But the nice thing is you can switch it back any time.
That button doesn’t do anything...

That seems unlikely. Tesla isn't the kind of company to have a button that does nothing. It may not be doing something that we notice, but I'd be surprised if it was a complete placebo.
2D28BAEB-5DD5-4D15-8A48-AF369214F48B.jpeg

Yeah I switched the option to Normal and will hold out on future releases. I wish V11 would have happened before the in cabin camera monitoring but oh well. I don't intend on removing the tape from my camera and don't feel like losing AP either.

That seems unlikely. Tesla isn't the kind of company to have a button that does nothing. It may not be doing something that we notice, but I'd be surprised if it was a complete placebo.
There is a lot of talk of the Bug Report button not doing anything. Many owners have tried to reference their use of the bug report button to flag issues with their car and bring it up during their service appointments only to have the service team not be able to reference the bug reports.

It is difficult to know who to believe on the internet, be it those owners, the service repairmen, or Tesla. But I don't think the Bug Report button does anything.

Reactions: kavyboy and KentheJ
Well my 5yr old daughter is adamant that Tesla views every single one of the 20 doodles per day she submits via publish to Tesla although as yet we havent had any feedback.

I check here once a month, to see the state of play. I’m finished with the death by a thousand knives energy sapping firmware update experience. A war I will eventually lose, but I am currently living with no wifi network selected, and no attempts made so far at pushing a firmware via Tesla mobile network. It is serenity. Premium connectivity works for maps, Spotify. About once a week I get a please set up wifi box, to dismiss. Everything works, no bugs. I did not buy FSD, nor use AP, as it does not work well for me. City driving only, stop and go traffic. Waiting for choice to get back the M3 display that I purchased, get back what I lost in the holiday update, which has been promised via tweet. I would value FSD, if it ever works, but not interested in the in between nonsense. Your move Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akr and KArnold
How does one get HOMELINK? Do you have to have FSD? THANKS.
You pay for it.

There is a lot of talk of the Bug Report button not doing anything. Many owners have tried to reference their use of the bug report button to flag issues with their car and bring it up during their service appointments only to have the service team not be able to reference the bug reports.

It is difficult to know who to believe on the internet, be it those owners, the service repairmen, or Tesla. But I don't think the Bug Report button does anything.
You know that button on the elevator? The one that closes the door? It's like that

I believe it puts a flag into the log and that’s about it. You need to schedule a service appt to have someone look at it.

With Tesla Vision, cabin camera, and divergent code paths I would be very cautious about immediately updating when getting the alert. I’m at 2021.4.18 and I’m going to sit tight and let everyone else beta test for a little while going forward.

I am going to wait the entire two minute waiting period after clicking the button to install the update.

• Funny
Reactions: JBT66