Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be honest? Idiot? Or don’t tell the truth

Would you be honest and tell the truth or not

• Tell Tesla the truth you actually did not pay the feature

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No, don’t tell the truth, keep using until they found out

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • It will be idiot to be honest

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Model 3 without autopilot feature. However, when I picked my car and started driving my car, it did not mention the “ 30 day free trial”. After 45 days delivery, I still have the autopilot function. I don’t why, I send an email to Tesla customer service, telling them I actually did not pay for the feature. So they offered my the 30 days trail with trail price, which is $5500 USD.

I thought they might give me a discount price for autopilot. So I feel I am a really idiot to be honest and to write that email. Otherwise, I could use the “free autopilot” forever?

What do you think? If you were me, would you tell the truth?

I had the same experience - my car had autopilot active when I got it even though I didn't order or pay for it. It lasted about 6 weeks but disappeared after the 2018.48 update. The next day the car offered me the 30 day free trial. So, I got to use it for a good long while, but still didn't end up purchasing it. It is cool and all, but with no commute, it is just not worth it to me.

Reactions: wenjing8481
Kind of related.... I have a LR 3. Received in July. From what I understand I was not eligible for any free Supercharging. Two early sessions within two weeks of getting my car were charged to my credit card on file. At least two dozen sessions since then were not. This includes a roundtrip to L.A. down I-5 and several stops at the Glendale Galleria. This past weekend I finally see my card charged for a session at my local SC lot. Been slightly over 6 months. I figured they would eventually catch on or that I was given a 6 month freebie by mistake (did not use any referral code).

Kind of related.... I have a LR 3. Received in July. From what I understand I was not eligible for any free Supercharging. Two early sessions within two weeks of getting my car were charged to my credit card on file. At least two dozen sessions since then were not. This includes a roundtrip to L.A. down I-5 and several stops at the Glendale Galleria. This past weekend I finally see my card charged for a session at my local SC lot. Been slightly over 6 months. I figured they would eventually catch on or that I was given a 6 month freebie by mistake (did not use any referral code).

In November, I got a notice on my car that Tesla was waving Supercharger fees for a few weeks to help out owners affected by the fires. Possibly, you got the same waiver and not realized it.

Thank you so much for sharing that experience.

In November, I got a notice on my car that Tesla was waving Supercharger fees for a few weeks to help out owners affected by the fires. Possibly, you got the same waiver and not realized it.
That would be a good explanation but my trip to LA was late October, before Halloween. And I live in San Jose which wasn't in the areas affected by the fires. And I never got the in-car notification of the free Supercharging.

I had the same experience - my car had autopilot active when I got it even though I didn't order or pay for it. It lasted about 6 weeks but disappeared after the 2018.48 update. The next day the car offered me the 30 day free trial. So, I got to use it for a good long while, but still didn't end up purchasing it. It is cool and all, but with no commute, it is just not worth it to me.
Thank you so much telling me that. Are you still using and enjoying the “free” Autopilot? Lol!